Did you mean: 

Citi DC

tag
Sharingan
Established Contributor

Re: Citi DC

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Sharingan wrote:

For most Citi products, I'd have to recommend 700+ before even attempting to apply. A 760+ score with a clean report and decent income will go a long way in avoiding "the Double Cash has low limits" narrative circulating on here. Obviously, there are those who get in with lower scores, but that tends to result in unfavorable credit terms and limits. 

My best advice would be to hold off on applying for now and regularly check Citi's preapprovals. I wouldn't recommend applying if the APR offers are in the 20%s or even high teens. 

Over 99% of my cards APR % is over 20% but I really couldn't care. I don't ever plan on using the APR and if I do i have one card with a 11% APR should i need it. Plus I always have some 0% APR BT offers or at worse a low 5% or something offer with a citi card.

I think it's fairly obvious that this isn't a card one should be using to revolve a balance. If you think outside of the box, however, the APR offered in the preapproval will serve as an indication of how Citi views your credit and what kind of SL you can expect if you have decent income. The closer you are to 13.24% (lowest advertised rate), the more likely you are to break the trend of "low DC starting limits." That was the essence of my post, not whether or not one should care if the APR is conducive to carrying a balance....

Message 11 of 12
mikelo22
Established Contributor

Re: Citi DC

@Creditplz wrote:
Wondering what scores would be in line for an approval by citi, I know it varys in credit profile but I'm at 644 Ex: Fico 8. Wondering if I'm in the ballpark.

644 is probably too low.  The DC has one of the highest UW requirements you'll come across.  To have a good shot, you need a score of 690+.  This can be verified by going on the credit pulls database and checking out the scores on there.  

Do you have any other cards with Citi?  Personally I think it's easier to get approved for Citi products (and receive more favorble terms) once you have a relationship with them.  If this is your first Citi card, that means it would be just that much harder to get approved since the DC is Citi's trademark card.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.