Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi DC

I'm planning to app for the DC this week. Then a year in the garden! I have two questions:

1) How do I distinguish SP and HP CLI's with Citi?

2) Is there any way to get a sign up bonus? (A family member already has the DC, so a referral program would be helpful too)

Thanks all!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi DC

No SUB exists for the DC, i guess 2% is your gift. Sp cli are normaly every 6 months and normally coincide with the we will not pull a credit report language while the hp cli will usually reference they need to pull a report.

If you are like me, you might get an auto cli in time, mine was a huge $600Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

SP CLI requests can be made every 6 months.  Typically you'll see the button to make a request, and there will be an indication that should additional information be needed - ie a credit report will be pulled - that you will then be asked to proceed.  It'll run the SP first.  You can get an SP CLI.  It will be for a fixed amount.  You can then ask for another increase, which will be an HP.  You'd be prompted to go to another screen that asks you how much credit you're looking for before finalizing the submission.  That HP will be manually reviewed.

I'm not aware of a referral program (otherwise I'd use it too!).  The best way to get a sign up bonus is to wait for them to send a targeted offer to you.  I've only been offered a sign up bonus for my Citi AAdvantage which was much better than the public offering, so I applied and was approved for it.  They've sent me offers on 4 other cards with the lowest APR  and longer term 0% APR offers, but no points offers (Thank You Premier and Prestige), so I've passed on those hoping that a few months down the line the offers will get more enticing.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm planning to app for the DC this week. Then a year in the garden! I have two questions:

1) How do I distinguish SP and HP CLI's with Citi?

2) Is there any way to get a sign up bonus? (A family member already has the DC, so a referral program would be helpful too)

Thanks all!

Good Luck on your DC app...  I PCd my Citi Diamond Preferred to a DC account a few months back and haven't looked back since.   The 2% earning formula works great as long as you don't carry a balance.

As far as distinguishing between HP and SP when asking for CLI with Citi:  If you have to ask, it's likely to be a HP.  If they offer a credit line increase with a link below that specific card in your account home then it's likely to be a SP.  In my experience, it tells you whether or not they are going to pull a credit report and you will have to acknowledge before they do.

As far as signup bonus, I've checked around, and it doesn't appear that they are offering any sort of SUB for the card.  I think that Citi knows they have one of the best everyday earners out there, and doesn't feel it necessary to give a SUB to attract card holders.

Message 4 of 6
kdm31091
Super Contributor

When DC first came out, some people were targeted for a signup bonus, but we're talking 2014. I have not heard of anyone getting a bonus in 2015, 2016, or 2017. The 2% earn rate in cash means Citi probably figures they don't need to offer a bonus.

As for HP vs SP, it's pretty straightforward. With a HP Citi will distinctly say they will obtain a credit bureau report. With a SP they will say a bureau report will not be requested/instant decision.

Message 5 of 6
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

The SP CLI page clearly states they will not pull your credit.  It only asks for your income and rent/mortgage payment.

The HP page also asks how much you want.  They counter if it's too much.

I've never seen a SUB for the DC.  The only special offer I got with mine was 15 months zero interest, which apparently is not standard.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.