Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Diamond Preferred Amazon offer

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Citi Diamond Preferred Amazon offer

Email received from Citi on my DP that i could use my DP at Amazon to set up a fixed promo plan at 0% apr on eligble purchases until 9/02/20. 

The bigger the purchase the more payment options available ie monrhs of equal payments. Purchase like $100+, $149+, $300+, $600+, $1200+ can see equal payments  at 0% apr of anywhere from 3 to 6 to 9, 18, 24, 36, all the way up to 48 on $1200+ .

Pretty good offer for those who want time to pay off. Just thought id share. 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Diamond Preferred Amazon offer

Yep. Got this on my Rewards+ too. I hope they keep offering these because while I have no use for it now, I do want to build a new computer after the RTX 3000 and Zen 3 chips drop later this year and being able to do so for $50 a month would be an easy sell for me. 

Obviously I would need to succeed in getting a CLI or two from them first though. 

Message 2 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah, i figured someone could find value here. No interest is always goodSmiley Happy

Message 3 of 17
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I got this on DC, along with a general-purpose 0% offer until 4/1/21.

I'll probably keep maximizing rewards, though. I have cash to PIF, I don't have any major transactions coming up, and 7 months isn't really that long. Plus, within the quarterly cap, WWFCR gives me 5.25% with a longer 0% period.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing Joe!

I have a question for you or Saeren or both of you. Does the Citi Diamond Prefered card offer extended warranty benefits?

I would like to get a Citi card one day, but am worried about the extra card benefits that have been removed recently from some of their cards. 

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got that same offer, trouble is that I don't spend that much on Amazon. lol

Few things hwere and there but nothing whee I would need to break it down into payments.

Message 6 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for sharing Joe!

I have a question for you or Saeren or both of you. Does the Citi Diamond Prefered card offer extended warranty benefits?

I would like to get a Citi card one day, but am worried about the extra card benefits that have been removed recently from some of their cards. 

Honestly im not sure. I really dont use those benefits even when they had them. Maybe @Anonymous  can elaborate. I did recently get a 1.99% apr offer on my DC which i axtivated but doubt i will useSmiley Wink

Message 7 of 17
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for sharing Joe!

Honestly im not sure. I really dont use those benefits even when they had them. Maybe @Anonymous  can elaborate. I did recently get a 1.99% apr offer on my DC which i axtivated but doubt i will useSmiley Wink

For you or anyone else with the card:

go to "Rewards & Benefits" at the top

click "Card Benefits" in the drop-down menu

Then bring up the DP card with "View My Cards"

Then look under "Quick Links" for a post-9/22/19 guide or "Shopping" to see if there's an extended warranty mentioned

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 8 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for sharing Joe!

Then look under "Quick Links" for a post-9/22/19 guide or "Shopping" to see if there's an extended warranty mentioned

Thanks @wasCB14  ill do that. 

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for sharing Joe!

Huh! Well I am glad I saw this before I responded to AJC because my Rewards+ DOES have Extended Warranty benefits!

citi.PNG

citi2.PNG

citi3.PNG

I was under the impression that Citi got rid of this for all of their cards except the Citi Costco! I even scrolled back up to doublecheck the date.

"This Guide includes important
details about the benefits that
come with Your Card.
Effective date: September 22, 2019"

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.