Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Diamond Preferred Card **BS**

tag
blackfines1
Contributor

Citi Diamond Preferred Card **BS**

i first started with $400 secured citi card 2y ago, after 18 month they upgraded to citi diamond preferred card with $800 CL. After 2 y 1/2 the max i got is $1100 my vantage score is 760 ( 2018). just keeping because of credit age. They increase once every 6 month,  if you request a CLI sometimes they do HP. Citi use transunion for CLI in TX, and experian for opening.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi Diamond Preferred Card **BS**

@blackfines1 wrote:

i first started with $400 secured citi card 2y ago, after 18 month they upgraded to citi diamond preferred card with $800 CL. After 2 y 1/2 the max i got is $1100 my vantage score is 760 ( 2018). just keeping because of credit age. They increase once every 6 month,  if you request a CLI sometimes they do HP. Citi use transunion for CLI in TX, and experian for opening.

Vantage score is useless. Ignore it. So what is the BS for? You started at the bottom and have moved up as you rebuild with CIti. You provided hardly any other history of other accounts. Get your FICO with Discover Scorecard. Report back.

Message 2 of 16
Civil
Regular Contributor

I agree with FireMedic, my vantage scores are in the high 600s but my FICO are in the low 600s...Don't follow vantage scores. Give us more info to what is on your report

Message 3 of 16
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

Curious, what is your EQ Fico Bankard 8 score which Citi provides?

Message 4 of 16
blackfines1
Contributor

FICO score card is 739

Message 5 of 16
Civil
Regular Contributor

Need more details...any negatives and how many cards you have with balances, age of credit history all those play a factor it's not just scoring

Message 6 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Im not sure i understand this post. I never get sp cli from Citi so if you do you are doing something rightSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 16
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

There must be more to this story than is being shared with us.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think it's BS, Citi is a slow goer in general with small CLIs every 6 months. If you don't show the useage, then they probably don't feel the need to raise it too much. Also, there are other cards out there if you feel unhappy with Citi. Sometimes a secured card will never be more than a starter and essentially be locked in at low CL.  

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I never get sp cli from Citi so if you do you are doing something rightSmiley Wink

I've received two 

Message 9 of 16
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Im not sure i understand this post. I never get sp cli from Citi so if you do you are doing something rightSmiley Wink

By default, LUV button will do a SP. It will be instant, and they will determine how much.

After that, if you try requesting again, I believe they will ask more questions.

temp.jpg

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.