cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Diamond Preferred Card (What "credit score" would get an approval on this card???)

tag
fogg30
Valued Member

Citi Diamond Preferred Card (What "credit score" would get an approval on this card???)

I got a Citi Diamond Preferred Card mailed inviation to apply in the mail last week and I really want to apply, however I don't want the "inquiry" on my credit report unless I get the card...........does anyone know what Credit Score is need to get an approval for this card???

Thank you for any advice!  =)
EQ 637 / EX 576 / TU 600
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Diamond Preferred Card "credit score" for approval

I'd want to wait to apply until I had about 675+ on TU or EQ with low util.
Message 2 of 19
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Diamond Preferred Card (What "credit score" would get an approval on this card?

Nothing is written in  stone, but I would estimate 630+. 
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 3 of 19
gmanuel71
Valued Member

Re: Citi Diamond Preferred Card (What "credit score" would get an approval on this card?)

I think they consider more than Credit Score.   I was declined for this card because I have a paid chargeoff on my report.
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just approved for the Diamond Preferred Rewards MasterC...

I just approved for the Diamond Preferred Rewards MasterCard a few weeks ago. I would assume it is similar in requirements.

My scores are listed below. They pulled EQ in my case.

I do have to say that I'm not overly impressed with the card so far.
Message 5 of 19
fogg30
Valued Member

Thank you for the very quick advise!!!

My EQ score is 637 right now..........it should go up a few points (10-30) within the next month as I have lowered my UTI but I wanted to check.

I do have some charges off that have yet to come off my credit report (with within the next two years) so that would probably hurt me.

Also, my TU score isn't as good as EQ as I have to school loans that were a payment after charge off (so they say) and were supposed to be removed from all three of the Credit Bureau's but was only removed from EQ.........so my score with is around 600!  =(

Mainly, I am just trying to get my credit better so I can finally get a good credit card (low interest, higher then 1K limit)!  I am sure it will happne one day............
EQ 637 / EX 576 / TU 600
Message 6 of 19
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Diamond Preferred Card (What "credit score" would get an approval on this card?

They pull EQ almost exclusively.  I got the Citi Platinum Select M/C when my score was around 620 with virtually no credit history.  Started at 500 limit.  Citi hates inquiries, lates, high util and BK.  So if you are clean in those departments you should be good to go.
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was around 640 and got a $2,400 CL.  Zero balance transfer.
Message 8 of 19
fogg30
Valued Member

Well my UTI is pretty hight right now............I am not over on any cards but it is still high so if they don't like that I won't do good right now with them!  =(

I have several accounts (car loan & 2 short term loans - one paid off last year and one in good standing) already with Citi though does that account for anything with them???
EQ 637 / EX 576 / TU 600
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

fogg30 wrote:
Well my UTI is pretty hight right now............I am not over on any cards but it is still high so if they don't like that I won't do good right now with them!  =(

I have several accounts (car loan & 2 short term loans - one paid off last year and one in good standing) already with Citi though does that account for anything with them???

They just denied my CLI request because of High balance to limit on one or more cards.
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.