Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Diamond Preferred Mailer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Diamond Preferred Mailer

Hi guys,

Just got home and i was going through my mail i received a mailer from Citi for their diamond preferred card. The offer is 0% intro apr for 12 months then after that 21.24%. Reading beforehand that Citi's mailers are pretty legit if their is an apr given. Am i correct?

I am happy with the cards i have now (and i am not going to jump the gun on apping) but i am curious i never really see anyone talk about this card. Does anyone have this card would like to put in their 2 cents?

Thanks everyone! 🙂
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Diamond Preferred Mailer

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi guys,

Just got home and i was going through my mail i received a mailer from Citi for their diamond preferred card. The offer is 0% intro apr for 12 months then after that 21.24%. Reading beforehand that Citi's mailers are pretty legit if their is an apr given. Am i correct?

I am happy with the cards i have now (and i am not going to jump the gun on apping) but i am curious i never really see anyone talk about this card. Does anyone have this card would like to put in their 2 cents?

Thanks everyone! 🙂

I have it.  It's a good balance transfer card, and long 0% promo (I got 21 months).  If you are not looking to app, wait for better offers.  I did.  They are known to lower the Apr, and can PC to double cash 12 months or later if want.

Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 5
CJ7
Frequent Contributor

Got the same exact mailer about a month ago.  Last week I got another with far better terms:

21 months 0% and 15%.  I'd say wait until they send the next one!

Message 3 of 5
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@CJ7 wrote:

Got the same exact mailer about a month ago.  Last week I got another with far better terms:

21 months 0% and 15%.  I'd say wait until they send the next one!

+1 Got mine today.

Same exact terms and everything else mentioned. Not biting after they already lowballed me from another offer back in Dec which actually had a decent APR of 12.99% and 21 months 0%. They approved that one which was Simplicity for a mere $1K like a slap in the face with a double pull to boot. Now why waste another HP to try to get them to raise it? I summarily closed it the same week and ate the INQ's + AAOA hit. Never again from Citi's preapprovals for me.

Of note i already have had the DC Card in good standing and growing well with SP CLI's every 6 months for over 2 years.

Be prepared for an extreme low starting limit if you go for it. Citi does not compete with lines like a BofA or Chase that's for sure.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys for your feedback! I'll wait and that is good to know that i can PC the card to the Double cash card.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.