Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Diamond Preferred Mastercard

tag
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Citi Diamond Preferred Mastercard

In August, I got one of those pre-selected applications in the mail and I pulled the trigger.  Unfortunately, I was declined.   A month later, I got another pre-selected app in the mail and thought -- **bleep**!~Smiley Mad

The reasons they declined me were for 2 items listed:

Your credit report shows one or more accounts recently past due 

Your credit report shows insufficient credit lines.

The recently past due account was a charge off from 4/2004 and reaged to 11/2005 -- after being sold to another creditor.  It finally fell off Oct 3rd, leaving me with a clean slate of credit .   Also, I was quite surprised when they listed my credit score -- 0521 -- saying credit scores range from a low of 400 to a high of 999.  I knew it wasn't that low, but I wasn't interested in reconning, since Citi has always declined me, even for a student card.

Fast forward to last night, Citibank called again.  The first time they called, I didn't answer since I didn't recognize the number.  I looked up the # on the internet and found out it was Citibank, so when they called last night -- I made sure to pick it up.

I was quite surprised that they only verified it was me and acknowledged that I had applied for a Citi Diamond Pref MC back in August.  They informed me that they used the wrong credit criteria for my application and when they used the right information, they said I was approved and asked me if I still wanted the card?    I thought about it for a brief second and said ok, since my AAOA is slowly creeping downwards after opening too many cards this year.  I think my AAOA is 3.5 years now, instead of the 7-8 years it was before I started apping.   Oh hum, off to the garden I go -- I have enough good credit now and its time to age them all!!!  

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Diamond Preferred Mastercard

Is there a way to lengthen my AAOA, if I'm added to a friends credit card as an AU????    I will certainly find out, as I had a buddy put me on his BofA signature card that has a credit limit of $25,000.00 with no balance and a length of 10 years.

Just curious

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 2 of 9
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 3 of 9
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Congrats.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 4 of 9
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

wow thats great I love how they called you back when they realized they made the mistake. Congrats!

Message 5 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Awesome! What was yout FICO at approval? And what limit did you get?! Im just curious as I plan to app for this card in the future :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 9
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Awesome congrats!

Score: You = +1

Citi Haters = 0

Lol jk Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 9
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

I wonder this tho, why the Citi Diamond?  Isn't this a card with No rewards?

Message 8 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Lol I'm a Citi hater :-P but I want the Diamond card in the future lol only Citi card that looks pretty :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.