cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Diamond Preferred UPDATE...another ? for anyone plz.

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Diamond Preferred UPDATE...another ? for anyone plz.

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

I would think that them changing the offer could open up an opportunity to have the account and inquiry removed from your reports. 

Has anyone ever done that before with a cc?  I wouldn't mind doing that

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 11 of 28
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@GApeachy wrote:

I would think that them changing the offer could open up an opportunity to have the account and inquiry removed from your reports. 

Yes, it's been done before, with multiple lenders. You just have to have a really, really good reason. I would reach out to the executive office and see what they say. One thing to keep in mind, I don't know if Citi will flag you in their systems for future applications. The whole past relationship thing and whatnot.

Message 12 of 28
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

Yes, it's been done before, with multiple lenders. You just have to have a really, really good reason. I would reach out to the executive office and see what they say. One thing to keep in mind, I don't know if Citi will flag you in their systems for future applications. The whole past relationship thing and whatnot.

Oh!  I don't like flags....hard pass then.

Message 13 of 28
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

UPDATE: My bt offers, which included bt check into personal checking acct. and/or a check sent to me, was pulled back early.  My offers are still good for a while longer and I just noticed they took that on option away.  Is that normal to change things before the deadline?

CSR said they did this for all new accts....does not make sense.

ETA: accidentally erased the part where the bt offer is no longer 21 months, now 18 months.

Just a heads up if it hasn't already being posted:

They took away the offer for a bt check to be deposited into my acct. too. (sux, wasted my time as that was the only reason I picked up this card)

@GApeachy, Do not feel bad. as All my Citi offers have been pulled on both My DC cards.

I still have existing 0% Prom APR on one, and 3.99% on another. 

These are both older accts. They pulled the Flex pay also. (My Citi FICO Score is at an all time high)

Seems many (not all) lenders are pulling BT offers.

I am currently carrying 0% BT's on Chase, PenFed and NFCU Platinum,

to the tune of about $17.5K .. I am paying them down drastically.

(was not used for frivolous spend)

Chase $12.4K = 0% APR

NFCU $1.8K = 0% APR

PenFed  $3.2K = 0% APR

Message 14 of 28
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@GApeachy, I see the all watching "EYE" is back .. Smiley LOL

GApeachy

I have to be carefull, as I feel like you are watchingSmiley Wink

Message 15 of 28
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007  okay, so this is nOT unusual. tySmiley Wink

Message 16 of 28
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@GApeachy, I see the all watching "EYE" is back .. Smiley LOL

I have to be carefull, as I feel like you are watchingSmiley Wink

I am......"I saw what you did!" lol, back at cha!I changed it back...feel safer now? lol

Message 17 of 28
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@M_Smart007  okay, so this is nOT unusual. tySmiley Wink

No, I do not think so. I think it is the new normal for a while, lenders need the cash on hand.

And I think they don't want to be stuck "Holding the empty bag" so to speak.

I think they are very skiddish about who has the ability to "Repay" right now.

Chase & Amex have been going crazy with SP'ing my EX report. (more so than ever)

So they are really watching right now. .. even though my spending habits have not reallly changed.

If anything, I have cut back. Just due to not being able to do some of the "Normal" things.

JPMCB

Inquired on 06/27/2020, 06/26/2020, and 06/23/2020, 06/22/2020, 06/20/2020, 06/19/2020, and 06/03/2020

AMERICAN EXPRESS 2

Inquired on 07/01/2020

I have had ZERO AA, but then .. I do not give them a reason to.

All Sync accounts/limits are intact.

Message 18 of 28
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Stinks Peachy. I have that card , had bt offer after original but since i never took it nor my Flex Loan opportunity, never got them again. 

The thing about depositing  straight into checking , was it explicit on that you can do that. I know some lenders offer it to some but not to others like Disco. When i had Disco bt offers i could bt into my checking but if i recall, @joltdude  could not. I liked that feature with Citi but i guess thats long gone. If you have a CU card that allows you to pullout  full limit of card you could pull out cash that way and pay back with the bt. Thats what i just did with Navy/ PSECU before my bt offer is gone. Only way i can survive until i get my unemployment checks. 

Message 19 of 28
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007  scary indeed.....

Unless my creditors/lenders whatever they are are looking at me I can't find too much in my reports I get.  I've had a few AR's but it's like one here and one there.  I don't carry a phat wallet tho...I'm a peon.Smiley Tongue

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.