cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Diamond Preferred UPDATE...another ? for anyone plz.

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Diamond Preferred UPDATE...another ? for anyone plz.

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Stinks Peachy. I have that card , had bt offer after original but since i never took it nor my Flex Loan opportunity, never got them again. 

The thing about depositing  straight into checking , was it explicit on that you can do that. I know some lenders offer it to some but not to others like Disco. When i had Disco bt offers i could bt into my checking but if i recall, @joltdude  could not. I liked that feature with Citi but i guess thats long gone. If you have a CU card that allows you to pullout  full limit of card you could pull out cash that way and pay back with the bt. Thats what i just did with Navy/ PSECU before my bt offer is gone. Only way i can survive until i get my unemployment checks. 

Thanks AJC, I'm okay just felt a little duped is all.  I thought this would be a handy dandy over the years for those moments I'd like to take the free money for xxxx amt of time.  Maybe I'll get an offer later on down the line when it would be good terms again.

Did you notice the offer is for 18 months now and not 21 for new cards?  Idk if ours will change but I'm guessing it will....sad face again.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 21 of 28
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Well I know it's not "free" money, 5% fee....but still.

Message 22 of 28
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@GApeachy,

I am still surprised to see this offered on the Citi DC card?

"Balance Transfer Rate:

0% Intro APR on balance transfers for 18 months; after that the variable APR will be 13.99% – 23.99%, based on your creditworthiness""

Message 23 of 28
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

I hate that they Jacked the fee to 5% .. that is when I stopped using Citi for BT's.

Message 24 of 28
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@GApeachy,

I am still surprised to see this offered on the Citi DC card?

"Balance Transfer Rate:

0% Intro APR on balance transfers for 18 months; after that the variable APR will be 13.99% – 23.99%, based on your creditworthiness""

Yeah, mine is 0% for 21 months then after that 13.74%....I just don't have any cards to bt too.  I was thinking about the check offer to perhaps go towards my auto mechanic bill I put on dh's amex.  His is probably another 12 months so "water under the bridge".

Message 25 of 28
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

I hate that they Jacked the fee to 5% .. that is when I stopped using Citi for BT's.

Yeah, when I first got the card I did the direct deposit into my acct. and then Covid hit, all h3ll broke loose so I called and cancelled it cuz the limit wasn't high and I was gonna gobble up the whole limit for s&g's. OOPS ETA: but the fee was a lot so I was glad to cancel afterall.

Message 26 of 28
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

Well guess what?  Discover just jacked it up to 5% as well.  Got the mailed offer and was just looking at the fine print....thought about youSmiley Wink

Message 27 of 28
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

Well guess what?  Discover just jacked it up to 5% as well.  Got the mailed offer and was just looking at the fine print....thought about youSmiley Wink

@GApeachy, Wow, another 5% rate jacking. Crazy.

Super glad I have some CU's to hang my hat onSmiley Wink

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.