Did you mean: 

Citi Diamond Preferred customer service

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Diamond Preferred customer service

@Anonymous wrote:

@JaeJae12 wrote:
Not as bad as having to explain their own products and terms to them so they can understand Smiley Sad , but I feel you... I feel like out of all CS CITI is always a hit or miss type of situation .

OUCH! Well said Smiley Frustrated

I remember one time I called Citi about a question. At the time, I had an Access checking account - which is of course, a checking account with no checks allowed and no overdraft fees. 

The rep on the phone, even though it most likely shows the type of checking account I have, the balance, etc... Couldn't figure out why I wasn't charged an overdraft fee. I explained to him "I have the Access checking account." And then he proceeded to again say, "I'm not sure why you weren't charged an overdraft fee." Well, sir, I literally just explained why I didn't get charged an overdraft fee... Because in the T&C's, the overdraft fee is $0. Needless to say, they still didn't understand, so I just moved on with my life with another sour taste in my mouth about their customer service. 

Whenever I hop on the phone with someone at Navy Federal or Schwab... I tell them what I want (or give them my question) and they always know the correct answer/know what to do. Need a product change? They know how to do it. Want us to waive your overdraft fee? Sure, no problem. Have a question about your CD? Sure, "this is what we can do to solve this issue."  With Citi, you'll get a rep who has no clue what they're talking about, or you'll have to use the HUCA approach to get something done the right way. 

Message 31 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@JaeJae12 wrote:
Not as bad as having to explain their own products and terms to them so they can understand Smiley Sad , but I feel you... I feel like out of all CS CITI is always a hit or miss type of situation .

I remember one time I called Citi about a question. At the time, I had an Access checking account - which is of course, a checking account with no checks allowed and no overdraft fees. 

The rep on the phone, even though it most likely shows the type of checking account I have, the balance, etc... Couldn't figure out why I wasn't charged an overdraft fee. I explained to him "I have the Access checking account." And then he proceeded to again say, "I'm not sure why you weren't charged an overdraft fee." Well, sir, I literally just explained why I didn't get charged an overdraft fee... Because in the T&C's, the overdraft fee is $0. Needless to say, they still didn't understand, so I just moved on with my life with another sour taste in my mouth about their customer service. 

Whenever I hop on the phone with someone at Navy Federal or Schwab... I tell them what I want (or give them my question) and they always know the correct answer/know what to do. Need a product change? They know how to do it. Want us to waive your overdraft fee? Sure, no problem. Have a question about your CD? Sure, "this is what we can do to solve this issue."  With Citi, you'll get a rep who has no clue what they're talking about, or you'll have to use the HUCA approach to get something done the right way. 

Your post reminds me of a funny?! Called Citi Bank to inquire about a notice on the upgrade of my Citi Forward Visa to a Visa Signature Card without the revolving Flexible credit line. Call answered at the Tampa Florida call center. CSR heard my question and then said what is a "Visa Signature Card?" The call was over ... thanked the CSR for listening and knew the answer to my question would have to come from somewhere else Smiley Mad

Message 32 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@JaeJae12 wrote:

Your post reminds me of a funny?! Called Citi Bank to inquire about a notice on the upgrade of my Citi Forward Visa to a Visa Signature Card without the revolving Flexible credit line. Call answered at the Tampa Florida call center. CSR heard my question and then said what is a "Visa Signature Card?" The call was over ... thanked the CSR for listening and knew the answer to my question would have to come from somewhere else Smiley Mad

Amazingly I sent a SM to NavyFed awhile back about aquiring a Visa Signature card after my credit line had surpassed $5,000. 

They sent a SM back and stated: "We have upgraded your card to a Visa Signature, it should be on your doorstep in 7-10 days." 

No need to yank my hair out. Citi's reps are just the stupidest in the business. 

Message 33 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a Citibank card which I never used anymore.  I called up to cancel, and rep was making it impossible for me to cancel so I finally agreed to a purchase rate reduction realizing the card would get cancelled anyways at some time.  I get a letter with a notice of an increase in purchase rate with a super high percentage.  I am a super prime customer who always gets promotional purchase rates as low as 0% on my cards.  I got no cancellation notice but I noticed my card got cancelled on my credit bureau which I check perodically.  Haven’t used Citibank since.

Message 34 of 39
arkane
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Citibank lost my business awhile back.  They were one of the bad issuers I had to deal with.  On the doublecash and specialty cards like American Airlines cards, they offer really good deals but you likely still have to put up with poor customer service unfortunately unless they have dedicated customer service lines for some products and/or customers.

With so many quality issuers, why settle for Citibank.  JD Power rates the credit card issuers which is available online and have been surprisingly accurate except for Discover.  Discover was absolutely horrible to deal with as well.  I couldn’t wait for them to close my accounts for non usage which they finally did.  It wasn’t on things like card replacement.  It was about things like credit lines, and switching a card I had to the wrong account and my bonus rewards while not much, which I was accumulating disappeared.  They also offered promotional rates on the account with low credit limit which was useless when I had another card with them.  Capital One and American Express have been a pleasure to deal with.  Chase has quality customer service but cut back on benefits and rewards are less competitive unless you benefit from the higher end cards but even those have had some benefits cut.  

Shop around.  The Citibank Diamond Preferred does have a long term promotional rate offer but you can do better overall with other issuers.  I used to get preapprovals for the Diamond Preferred.  Ignored them completely.  

Ummmm....you mean this....http://www.jdpower.com/press-releases/2017-jd-power-credit-card-study

Or maybe putting it this way http://www.jdpower.com/ratings/study/U.S.-Credit-Card-Satisfaction-Study/2810ENG

Maybe you meant this ...http://www.jdpower.com/press-releases/2016-us-credit-card-satisfaction-study

Surely you meant this...http://www.jdpower.com/press-releases/jd-power-2017-us-banking-app-and-us-credit-card-app-satisfaction-studies 

Bank of America is great... Until you go into the branch, get dirty looks from the tellers even though you've done nothing wrong, and they give you the "what do you want?" type of attitude. 

Don't dress or smell like a hobo. Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 35 of 39
polaris2011
Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Have to say, not happy with the cs with Citi on this card. Received my card bent, called in requested a new card to be sent. Ok supposedly done. About a week later was thinking of maybe using it and still no call so I called in to inquire about that and possible cli.

Again another lady who seems English was a second language answered. No mention of previous call . I told them I already called to resend me my card and she says only record they have is me receiving original card. So once again request a new one.

Gotta be a week or more and I still have no new card. For a comparison. Last week or so, I ordered a new design on my Discover card and within a week I already received it. First I had to waste 3 hps in total trying to get a cli (2 from original app 1 for cli request) from Citi which they deny and now they seem to be backwards when they say they will do something and it doesnt happen. I'll be calling a 3rd time but it may be my last. Not too pleased with their service on this card. Just a vent for a Sunny SaturdaySmiley Wink

Curious why you got this card. Just for a balance transfer or did you want a card from Citi?

FICO 08 Scores (Starting; BK Discharged 4/15): EQ 647, TU 655, EX 638
FICO 08 Scores (Mar-18): EQ 757, TU 736, EX 746
Score Goal: 741
Current Cards: Cap1 QS: $1500 | USAA Preferred: $16000 | PayPal MasterCard: $7500 | Discover Miles: $12000 | AMEX ED: $12000 | AMEX Cash Magnet: $1000 | Citi Diamond Preferred: $3700
Cancelled Cards: OpenSky: $200
Message 36 of 39
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@arkane wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Bank of America is great... Until you go into the branch, get dirty looks from the tellers even though you've done nothing wrong, and they give you the "what do you want?" type of attitude. 

Maybe they're wondering what you need a teller for that you can't do with a phone or ATM.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 37 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wasCB14 wrote:

@arkane wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe they're wondering what you need a teller for that you can't do with a phone or ATM.

To make a Merrill Lynch transaction. 

Message 38 of 39
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Thread has ran its course and some uneeded comments were made.

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.