cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Diamond Preferred (this card does nothing) - what Citi card can/should I product change to...?

tag
tarlej17
Established Member

Citi Diamond Preferred (this card does nothing) - what Citi card can/should I product change to...?

After the balance transfer intro offer, I've been finding the Citi DP card to be basically worthless and unremarkable, apart from running on the mastercard network.

No cash back rewards, points, or travel perks of any kind. 

Can I PC to Rewards+, Premiere, or something good?

If you PC a card, do they typically give the same credit line and interest rate?

Active

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Citi Diamond Preferred (this card does nothing) - what Citi card can/should I product change to.

Citi has about the most flexible product change policy you'll find.  My Rewards+ was a Diamond Preferred originally.  You can product change to pretty much any Citi product available, and even many that haven't been around for years but are still serviced.  (Dividend, a 5% category card like Chase Freedom or Discover it seems to be an exception these days).

Credit line would stay the same.  Interest rate would stay the same for comparable cards but can be changed either immediately or a bit after if you go from something like a no frills card to a decent travel card.

Keep in mind with the product change, you will not get a new cardholder bonus which can be worth a considerable chunk.  Also, due to partner agreements, some PCs can be one way (Costco cards for example often cannot be changed to anything else).

Message 2 of 5
tarlej17
Established Member

Re: Citi Diamond Preferred (this card does nothing) - what Citi card can/should I product change to.

Yay, a 10 minute phone call, and I was able to get it converted to Premiere! Am guessing there is no SUB with it, but after the BT, I think I'll find the Premier to be a much better card.

Active

Message 3 of 5
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

@tarlej17 - I'm glad that you were able to successfully PC the card to something more useful to you at this point.

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 4 of 5
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@tarlej17 wrote:
Yay, a 10 minute phone call, and I was able to get it converted to Premiere! Am guessing there is no SUB with it, but after the BT, I think I'll find the Premier to be a much better card.

Right, no SUBs on PCs (which is the case for any issuer), but glad you got to switch to a more useful card.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.