cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Diamond preferred

Estimate your FICO® Score range for free

FICO® Score Estimator

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Diamond preferred


@pinkandgrey wrote:

I’ll be the odd one out here lol.

 


why@pinkandgrey ,  We could never spot you in a Million Years!!!!.lolSmiley Wink

 

Message 11 of 19
Valued Member

Re: Citi Diamond preferred

I didn’t take the discover because I want it to age some more and don’t want to overdue myself, no my debt to income is at 26%
Message 12 of 19
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi Diamond preferred

popcorn is in the microwave..................


@M_Smart007 wrote:

 


@Batwood1 wrote:

I closed this account today due to being with them for 4 years and never having a credit limit increase.

my util has always been 10% and my scores are: Equi- 662, Exp- 670, Trans- 659, i have one charge off from 2011, i have $ 12000 total credit limit across 5 cards, not because i cant get more but because ive chosen to keep my cards at a low limit but i asked citi for a increase and have been denied everytime, i make $130,000 a year so income is not an issue, i have a discover that has a $3000 limit and its only been open for 6 mos and i called them and spoke to a rep about an increase and they offered $2000 but i turned it down, that was basically to see if i could get one, citi is the worst about increases, i have 2 auto loans for $96,700 that is reporting paid on time as agreed. cap1 cards ( 4 ) all paid as agreed on time, no lates, no delinquents, so had to get rid of them, btw, my citi has been at $200 for 4 years, bye bye citi, discover is where im focusing my time and energy and money!!!!


I will try to keep this "FSR"

 

"i make $130,000 a year so income is not an issue"
"i have 2 auto loans for $96,700 that is"

 

I am not sure if that 130K is a Gross or Net Figure??, but either way, $96,700 Car Loan Debt with 130k Income,

ummm, that could be consitered as a debt to income problem?. There is obviously something wrong as to why,

that you are getting a $200 limit. and No Increase.?

 

"but because ive chosen to keep my cards at a low limit but i asked citi for a increase and have been denied everytime,"

 

so if i get this right, you want low limits, but ask for an increase, then if you do not get it, you close the card?

None is better than $200?, and if you think you are punishing Citi, for closing the card due to no CLI.Smiley LOL

 

"i have a discover that has a $3000 limit and its only been open for 6 mos and i called them and spoke to a rep about an increase and they offered $2000 but i turned it down, that was basically to see if i could get one."

 

Myself, from $3000 to $5000 is pretty generous of Discover, you probably should have taken it.

 

OHmyFICO, am I missing something here?


 

Message 13 of 19
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Diamond preferred

Welcome to the forumSmiley Happy

I understand not wanting to overspend and sometimes higher limits tempt us indeed. I would never turn down a Discover cli because they are not always a given and many such as myself struggle to get $500 let alone 2k. However you must choose your own path. Imo , i believe ir really is your car loans holdung you back with Citi. 130k is an amazing income and that would surely open many doors with Citi. But if you are maxed in overall debt in relation to your income, most likely a UW did not like that. . Thank you for sharing your story. It does leave sone headscratching but again we all use our profiles differently.

Boy i miss @LowLimits Smiley Wink
Charter Member of the Discover " No Cli For You " Club !

Chase Never/24 Squad Leader
Team Pendread Anonymous
#JustSayNo2Comenity
Officially S.O.G.O.T.P
Message 14 of 19
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Diamond preferred


@Batwood1 wrote:
I didn’t take the discover because I want it to age some more and don’t want to overdue myself, no my debt to income is at 26%

I just don't understand, I am thoroughly confused like Remmy,  in one post you say I declined?

 

in this post you want $10,000 by Summer, well I gotta tell ya in all honesty, you will not get to $10,000 by turning down $2k increases.

unless you know some trick myFICO'ers do not?

"i have been with disco 6 mos now and ABSOLUTELY LOVE them, i am focusing my time and money and energy all on discover, hope to get my $3000 card up to $10,000 by next summer"

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/New-Disco-The-good-vs-bad/m-p/5617409#M602269

 

I wish you The Best, even tho, I simply cannot understand your strategy.

Message 15 of 19
Valued Member

Re: Citi Diamond preferred

I’m really not maxed out though, my DTI is 26%, and yes the higher limits do tempt me and I don’t want to jump in over my head now and end up in credit card debt and risk my home and autos all over some credit limit increase, I should have taken the increase from discover but I didn’t and now I’ll have to wait probably a few months to try again, and getting to $10,000 by next year is possible if I continue to use and payoff and only carry 10% utilization, I’m still new to the credit card works, I learn everyday, only had credit cards for 4 years, that’s why I came here to follow the forums is to pick up advice and knowledge! My apologies for confusing everyone, I feel as Citi though doesn’t give increases, I’ve had increases with cap1 and discover offered, but Citi has never budged, yes my $96,000 in car loans seems like a lot but my payments are not outrageous and my mortgage is not outrageous, like I said my DTI is low, and that charge off I mentioned keeps getting “ bought “ by debt collectors, I have disputed every credit bureau and it just pops back up
Message 16 of 19
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Diamond preferred

I feel ya on not getting Citi increases. But for me it more likely im at max exposure and low income so i understand. One thing id like to tell you, dont be afraid of high limits though. You should get limits that you are comfortable with but also that allows you breathing room were you to make a large purchase so as not to over utilize your card. Low limits are nice but you never know when you might need to use a card for something and you dont want to be left wishing you had a card with sufficient enough limit.

Ps, as for the Discover, its wuite possible that cli is still available. Dont call, go to Discover website or app and fill out the cli request page. Its sp so dont worry about hp. If its not there try again in a month. Good luckSmiley Happy
Charter Member of the Discover " No Cli For You " Club !

Chase Never/24 Squad Leader
Team Pendread Anonymous
#JustSayNo2Comenity
Officially S.O.G.O.T.P
Message 17 of 19
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi Diamond preferred


@M_Smart007 wrote:

 


@Batwood1 wrote:

I closed this account today due to being with them for 4 years and never having a credit limit increase.

my util has always been 10% and my scores are: Equi- 662, Exp- 670, Trans- 659, i have one charge off from 2011, i have $ 12000 total credit limit across 5 cards, not because i cant get more but because ive chosen to keep my cards at a low limit but i asked citi for a increase and have been denied everytime, i make $130,000 a year so income is not an issue, i have a discover that has a $3000 limit and its only been open for 6 mos and i called them and spoke to a rep about an increase and they offered $2000 but i turned it down, that was basically to see if i could get one, citi is the worst about increases, i have 2 auto loans for $96,700 that is reporting paid on time as agreed. cap1 cards ( 4 ) all paid as agreed on time, no lates, no delinquents, so had to get rid of them, btw, my citi has been at $200 for 4 years, bye bye citi, discover is where im focusing my time and energy and money!!!!


I will try to keep this "FSR"

 

"i make $130,000 a year so income is not an issue"
"i have 2 auto loans for $96,700 that is"

 

I am not sure if that 130K is a Gross or Net Figure??, but either way, $96,700 Car Loan Debt with 130k Income,

ummm, that could be consitered as a debt to income problem?. There is obviously something wrong as to why,

that you are getting a $200 limit. and No Increase.?

 

"but because ive chosen to keep my cards at a low limit but i asked citi for a increase and have been denied everytime,"

 

so if i get this right, you want low limits, but ask for an increase, then if you do not get it, you close the card?

None is better than $200?, and if you think you are punishing Citi, for closing the card due to no CLI.Smiley LOL

 

"i have a discover that has a $3000 limit and its only been open for 6 mos and i called them and spoke to a rep about an increase and they offered $2000 but i turned it down, that was basically to see if i could get one."

 

Myself, from $3000 to $5000 is pretty generous of Discover, you probably should have taken it.

 

OHmyFICO, am I missing something here?


Thanks for keeping FSR. I could not have said it better. 

GOALS: Garden til APR 2020 and 800 Club

GIRL WILLPOWER ("No Thanks" to Apple $7.5K, 12.99% Approval)


JUN 2019: EX 788, TU 794, EQ 779
DEC 2018: EX 777, TU 783, EQ 799

|| AmX Cash Magnet $25K || NFCU CashRewards $20K || Macy's $20K || Discover IT $18.7K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $12.5K || AmX ED $11.5K || CitiCostco $7K || CitiDC $6.3K ||
Message 18 of 19
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi Diamond preferred


@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I feel ya on not getting Citi increases. But for me it more likely im at max exposure and low income so i understand. One thing id like to tell you, dont be afraid of high limits though. You should get limits that you are comfortable with but also that allows you breathing room were you to make a large purchase so as not to over utilize your card. Low limits are nice but you never know when you might need to use a card for something and you dont want to be left wishing you had a card with sufficient enough limit.

Ps, as for the Discover, its quite possible that cli is still available. Dont call, go to Discover website or app and fill out the cli request page. Its sp so dont worry about hp. If its not there try again in a month. Good luckSmiley Happy

Great suggestion @AverageJoesCredit. Matter-of-the-fact, I hope he hightails it over to the website and hit that Request CLI button. Wouldnt it be something if it turns out to be more than $2K? 😂🤣

GOALS: Garden til APR 2020 and 800 Club

GIRL WILLPOWER ("No Thanks" to Apple $7.5K, 12.99% Approval)


JUN 2019: EX 788, TU 794, EQ 779
DEC 2018: EX 777, TU 783, EQ 799

|| AmX Cash Magnet $25K || NFCU CashRewards $20K || Macy's $20K || Discover IT $18.7K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $12.5K || AmX ED $11.5K || CitiCostco $7K || CitiDC $6.3K ||
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.