Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Dividend 5% Back on Eligible Purchases Offer

tag
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Dividend 5% Back on Eligible Purchases Offer

Got it for my Diamond P. Can actually use this card now.

Message 11 of 13
minski
Established Contributor

lol. Sorry, sarge! But this is the first time since I got the card in 2004 that Citi ever sent me this targeted email so I wouldn't go out and app for a Citi card in hopes of being one of the lucky few. Smiley Happy

@Anonymous wrote:

Some of the above replies are a little confusing.  This offer credits separately from the dividend. There is no extra spending required to get a payout.

Anyway, get offers like these all the time on the Diamond Preferred.  They are a nice touch.

Indeed. I did include the fact that it was statement credit in my original post but some people seem to have missed it. I was not expecting the additional 1% cash back though so I'm pleased about that. 

It's my first time getting this offer and I've had my card since 2004 with occasions of very little use. Citi LOVES to send me balance transfer offers (no decreased APR), though. I laugh and toss those offers in the trash because aside for my US Bank Cash + they are my highest APR cards since I closed the Forward. If Citi continues to send these offers to me to promote use, I'll have more incentive besides this being my oldest card to keep it. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Some of the above replies are a little confusing.  This offer credits separately from the dividend. There is no extra spending required to get a payout.

Anyway, get offers like these all the time on the Diamond Preferred.  They are a nice touch.

Good eyes.  Like some of the other posters, I missed that in the OP.  I'm actually in the unusual position where $25 in the dividend bucket would actually be better for me.  For over a year, I've had right around $25 stranded in my Dividend balance; this $25 would push it over the top so I *could* redeem.

Of course, it's a moot point for me because Citi didn't show me any love on this promo.  Smiley Sad

I do love these promos when I get them, because the 5% in statement credit is a win however you look at it.  The regular 1% on those purchases will hopefully push me toward a redeemable level a little bit sooner and I'll essentially have gotten 6% cashback on the promo purchases.  Worst case, I end up losing that rewards balance by a card being cancelled, program terminating or whatever.  But even if I lost that 1%, I was still ahead because I got 5% off on those purchases.

Chris.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.