cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Dividend - Does Citi offer other cards for denials or considers recons?

tag
schrute
Contributor

Citi Dividend - Does Citi offer other cards for denials or considers recons?

I am thinking of applying for the Dividend but have a Collection on my report (my only bad). Credit Sesame has my score at 792; and my CU had me somewhere around 760 (tons of student loans with very high AAoA keeps this up).

If I apply, I'm considered about getting denied. Does Citi offer another guy in case of a denial?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi Dividend - Does Citi offer other cards for denials or considers recons?

I would not worry about getting a denial from Citi for that. I got my Citi Thank You when my score was 700 and had a paid collection reporting. They gave me a $7,000 CL instantly approved. 

I have heard of someone applying for the TYP and not qualifying so they offered the TY

Message 2 of 9
schrute
Contributor

Re: Citi Dividend - Does Citi offer other cards for denials or considers recons?

TY is a cash back card right?

Mine is an unpaid collection Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 9
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@schrute wrote:

TY is a cash back card right?

Mine is an unpaid collection Smiley Sad

I use mine to redeem gift cards for stores I use most. 

If you dont mind me asking, how much is the collection? When was the DOFD and is it past your state SOL for collecting?

Message 4 of 9
schrute
Contributor

About $2,000; Dec '09; and will pass my state's SOL in 4 months.

Message 5 of 9
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Thats a tough call. Because on one hand they can't collect in 4 months, but on the other hand you may be able to offer a PFD and get it removed from your report completely. 

If it were me, I would wait until the 4 months is over, offer a 50% PFD, but not acknowledge the debt as yours. Worst case scenario they say no and you dont have to pay anything because of the SOL. 

Just make sure you do not say it is your debt. 

Message 6 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re the original question.  I don't think there is anything particularly "special" about the dividend from a credit perspective, and your scores are high, so if Citi denied you, it would presumably be because of the $2K unpaid collection.   And, if that was an issue for them, it would an issue for all their cards.  In other words, I would expect either an approval or denial for the dividend, and not a counter-offer of any any card.

Message 7 of 9
schrute
Contributor

Hmm, good point. I can see that some people for their other cards have been accepted with bankruptcies and lates.

Message 8 of 9
rex_03
Contributor

Cash back as a payout on a Citi card is very meager. 10K points gives you 50$ cash value, and you forfeit the other 50$.. I do gift cards or merch. From their site www.thankyou.com
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.