Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Dividend World Elite Mastercard

tag
iloverewards
Valued Member

Citi Dividend World Elite Mastercard

Thanks to all the awesome advice on this form, I recently converted my 14 year old citi platinum card that was just sitting in my sock drawer into a Citi Dividend card. After reading more about the Citi Dividend World Elite Mastercard in this forum, I decided to give this PC a shot even though I didn't think I had a chance in the "world" (pun intended).  I called the backdoor number (citi retention dept) and asked to speak to a supervisor and the CSR asked what I wanted to talk to a supervisor about. I told her I wanted to convert my card into a world mastercard. She looked into my account and she said that she could do it for me. I decided to press my luck and asked her if I can get an elite world mastercard. She she I could! I am so happy and in disbelief! My CL is only 3,200 so I thought that that would automatically DQ me from a world mastercard, much less a world elite mastercard. I did confirm that my CL would be the same. They would not be able to increase my CL w/out an HP so I said no to that. So in summary, they did the PC without an HP or asking any income information. I currently have a citi simplicity with a ~75% utilization (b/c of 0% apr for 18 mo) and 2 other citi cards (including this one) with 0% utilization. Also, the CSR informed me that it would take 45 days for the transformation to take place and I would get my card after that time has passed.  I asked for an EMV chip and they said that would not be a problem. This is so awesome! I am so happy and it is all thanks to you guys!!!

Chase Sapphire Preferred | Freedom | IHG Rewards Club
Citi Dividend | Simplicity | AAdvantage
Discover It
Capital One Quicksilver
Amex Blue Cash
Barclay Arrival | NFL Extra Points
Bank of America Better Balance Rewards
US Bank Platinum Visa
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi Dividend World Elite Mastercard

@iloverewards wrote:

Thanks to all the awesome advice on this form, I recently converted my 14 year old citi platinum card that was just sitting in my sock drawer into a Citi Dividend card. After reading more about the Citi Dividend World Elite Mastercard in this forum, I decided to give this PC a shot even though I didn't think I had a chance in the "world" (pun intended).  I called the backdoor number (citi retention dept) and asked to speak to a supervisor and the CSR asked what I wanted to talk to a supervisor about. I told her I wanted to convert my card into a world mastercard. She looked into my account and she said that she could do it for me. I decided to press my luck and asked her if I can get an elite world mastercard. She she I could! I am so happy and in disbelief! My CL is only 3,200 so I thought that that would automatically DQ me from a world mastercard, much less a world elite mastercard. I did confirm that my CL would be the same. They would not be able to increase my CL w/out an HP so I said no to that. So in summary, they did the PC without an HP or asking any income information. I currently have a citi simplicity with a ~75% utilization (b/c of 0% apr for 18 mo) and 2 other citi cards (including this one) with 0% utilization. Also, the CSR informed me that it would take 45 days for the transformation to take place and I would get my card after that time has passed.  I asked for an EMV chip and they said that would not be a problem. This is so awesome! I am so happy and it is all thanks to you guys!!!

Did your card come with the silver or normal MasterCard logo?

Message 2 of 14
eddie84
Valued Contributor

@iloverewards wrote:

They would not be able to increase my CL w/out an HP so I said no to that.

Congrats!  Why didn't you want to take a HP?  Too many inquiries at the moment?

Message 3 of 14
vpae
Established Contributor

I called a week or so ago to PC my platinum card to a Dividend World MC. I asked for the Elite but the CSR said that wasn't available/an option.

I'm in the Citi-wait-45-days-for-a-PC period right now also.

I wonder if I should call the backdoor number and ask for a supervisor? I only called the number on the back of the card.

Congrats to your PC! 

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 4 of 14
iloverewards
Valued Member

you should definitely call citi retention and not the number on the back of your card. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred | Freedom | IHG Rewards Club
Citi Dividend | Simplicity | AAdvantage
Discover It
Capital One Quicksilver
Amex Blue Cash
Barclay Arrival | NFL Extra Points
Bank of America Better Balance Rewards
US Bank Platinum Visa
Message 5 of 14
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@vpae wrote:

I called a week or so ago to PC my platinum card to a Dividend World MC. I asked for the Elite but the CSR said that wasn't available/an option.

I'm in the Citi-wait-45-days-for-a-PC period right now also.

I wonder if I should call the backdoor number and ask for a supervisor? I only called the number on the back of the card.

Congrats to your PC! 

You should call the retention dept.  Nobody knows why some people are able to get it pc'd and some not.  Like the OP I have had mine for a long time and also am a citi banking customer.  Others like Enharu had the card a short period of time but ran some big numbers though it and they pc'd it for him.  Doesn't hurt to ask.

Message 6 of 14
vpae
Established Contributor

I called the retention dept. Just now and was told she wouldn't be able to see if the WEMC is available without canceling the current conversion. She then checked with a supervisor, if I cancel the conversion now, I'd have to wait 1-2 billing cycles before they could see if the WEMC is an option.

I asked how long the waiting period was If I kept the conversion, once got the WMC. She checked in her system and as far as she can tell she couldn't find anything stating a specific period. She called her supervisor and said if I kept it, I would have to wait 1-2 billing cycles once I got the card.

She placed me on hold several times, I'm not sure how familiar she is with this.

I asked what were the qualifiers and what determines if someone is eligible for the WMC or WEMC and she said another department handles those and those promotions/offers and if it's made available on the account at the time of request.

So I ended up keeping my WMC conversion. I'll get the card, use it a lot, PIF, and try again. Hopefully I'll be eligible then.

Thanks everyone!

Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 7 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

Comgrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 14
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@vpae wrote:

I called the retention dept. Just now and was told she wouldn't be able to see if the WEMC is available without canceling the current conversion. She then checked with a supervisor, if I cancel the conversion now, I'd have to wait 1-2 billing cycles before they could see if the WEMC is an option.

I asked how long the waiting period was If I kept the conversion, once got the WMC. She checked in her system and as far as she can tell she couldn't find anything stating a specific period. She called her supervisor and said if I kept it, I would have to wait 1-2 billing cycles once I got the card.

She placed me on hold several times, I'm not sure how familiar she is with this.

I asked what were the qualifiers and what determines if someone is eligible for the WMC or WEMC and she said another department handles those and those promotions/offers and if it's made available on the account at the time of request.

So I ended up keeping my WMC conversion. I'll get the card, use it a lot, PIF, and try again. Hopefully I'll be eligible then.

Thanks everyone!

So it sounds like their method is like FICO scoring algorithm.  It is a close guarded secret.

Message 9 of 14
vpae
Established Contributor

@ezdoesit wrote:

So it sounds like their method is like FICO scoring algorithm.  It is a close guarded secret.

On an unrelated note. I called Cap One just now and tried to have my cash rewards MC changed to WMC, he said he doesn't see that as an option and that I just did a PC from Cap One Platinum and if it was available, I would have it. I asked what the criteria was (same as Citi question) and he puts me on hold for 10 minutes and comes back and says that information between WMC and MC is above his pay grade. (Yes, he said the info is above his paygrade) he also said he asked a supervisor and the supervisor said that info is about their paygrade as well.

I was told to call back for an upgrade check in Nov (which is six months since i PC'd). He said I was eligible to ask then and to see if they have any upgrade offers for me.

I will do that.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.