cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Dividend World Master Card...need help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Dividend World Master Card...need help!

My old citi dividend is being converted to this new World Master card....can anyone please confirm with me that if this card reports a credit limit or not?

If it doesn't report a credit limit, what is the reason of getting a CLI on this card in the future and how much would it effect my credit score if I keep paying it in full every month? I need these information so I can decide if I should try really hard to ask citi to reverse this conversion...thanks for any advice! 

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Dividend World Master Card...need help!

bump..waiting response

Message 2 of 33
Ron1
Super Contributor

No , they don't report CL. and they only report the balance.

Ron.

Message 3 of 33
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Ron1 wrote:

No , they don't report CL. and they only report the balance.

Ron.

I haven't heard that. Do you have the new CITI card? Has it updated on your reports.

Message 4 of 33
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@fused wrote:

I haven't heard that. Do you have the new CITI card? Has it updated on your reports.

Less than a year ago, DW got a Citi Platinum AAdvantage MC card, which doesn't report the CL Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 33
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

@fused wrote:

Less than a year ago, DW got a Citi Platinum AAdvantage MC card, which doesn't report the CL Smiley Sad

Ron is correct, I just pulled my reports and it is confirmed. The new CITI Dividend World MC card does not report a CL or a highest balance. Does your wife's CITI card report a high balance in lieu of a CL? If there is no CL or high balance reporting, the card will NOT factor in FICO util calculations. 

Message 6 of 33
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@fused wrote:

Ron is correct, I just pulled my reports and it is confirmed. The new CITI Dividend World MC card does not report a CL or a highest balance. Does your wife's CITI card report a high balance in lieu of a CL? If there is no CL or high balance reporting, the card will NOT factor in FICO util calculations. 

No, her Citi card does not report its high balance either, to any CRA.

Message 7 of 33
fused
Moderator Emeritus

For the life of me, I cannot figure out why CITI and others are doing this. How do they benefit from all of this? I still haven't figured it out. 

Message 8 of 33
moonman
Frequent Contributor

I believe for the higher merchant fees

Message 9 of 33
fused
Moderator Emeritus

How does reporting tie into merchant fees?

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.