cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Dividend -still available as a product change from DC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Dividend -still available as a product change from DC?

I have two Citi Double Cash cards - stupid I know, but a year or so ago when I applied I had no idea what I was doing. I had two pre-approved offers in the mail and responded to both just out of curiosity, and both were approved instantly. I should have stopped when the first one got approved but at the time I had been declined for so many credit cards that getting approved was like a rush and I wanted to see if I could do it twice. I knew nothing about chase 5/24 or that there was a reconsideration line I could have called when I was denied for the freedom, but anyway it’s too late to worry about that as I’m at 7/24 now. These two citi dcs were numbers 4 and 5.

Now that the credit limits have grown, and faster on the first card, and I have other cards I use more, I am annoyed by the redundancy of the useless 2nd card, having too many accounts I don’t need. I’ve considered closing it but then again it will still show as an account so maybe it’s best just to keep the available credit. None of the other citi cards are of huge interest to me, unless I’m missing something, I’m open to suggestions.. but I like the idea of the dividend card maybe offering some alternate 5% categories to my discover it, if it still will exist next year that is.

I read that it was still available recently as a product change only, was wondering if that’s true. Or should I consider pc to a different citi card? Im not a Costco member but maybe that’s the way to go. My wife has a membership and I just don’t really shop there now.
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Dividend -still available as a product change from DC?

Last I heard you can still PC to Dividend, but take note there is a $50 redemption threshold on that product IIRC. So if you don't find much use for the (rather narrow) 5% categories you may never actually get any reward.

Costco is a more well rounded card (and you can PC to it) IMO and as long as you accumulate $1 in rewards you will get them every year. So while it isn't instantly rewarding, at least there is only a small threshold. If your household is going to have a Costco membership anyway that is the better card to PC to.

Message 2 of 18
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I just PCd to the card a few weeks ago. I still have the option to change it to another card before the 25th of December.. I believe. He said I could get another Double Cash. Don't know why I'd want two of them. lol
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:
I just PCd to the card a few weeks ago. I still have the option to change it to another card before the 25th of December.. I believe. He said I could get another Double Cash. Don't know why I'd want two of them. lol

ill try to call them today and post here for data point

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

was able to PC City TYou preferred to Citi Dividend. 

My questions is: Do they let us know the whole year categories ahead of the time. For example do they reveal all 2019 quarters categories in Dec of 2018?

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:

how long did they take to send you the new dividend card?

Message 6 of 18
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

how long did they take to send you the new dividend card?

I haven't recieved it yet. Probably won't get it till after Christmas. I guess they're giving me plenty of time to decide if I want to make another change. However, they did credit my account back for the AF on the AAdvantage CC. 

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

was able to PC City TYou preferred to Citi Dividend. 

My questions is: Do they let us know the whole year categories ahead of the time. For example do they reveal all 2019 quarters categories in Dec of 2018?

Based on several years of custom, you can expect the Q1 category to be announced around the middle of December, with the full year calendar a couple of days later.  Of course, there's always the possibility of a few minor tweaks.  I PC'd an old ThankYou card to the Dividend about six years ago, and it's been sort of a sleeper.  Categories often overlap with Freedom and/or Discover, I have a Cash+ for other categories and my Altitude nets me effectively 4.5% on anything travel or mobile pay.  So that doesn't leave much for the Dividend.  But I do rack up a few rewards $ occasionally.

Chris.

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

the thing is they are taking 3 months to do a product change after you request it. This is completly ridiculous and giving reason like " we are giving u time to be sure and we have to do this by law"

yeah really is Citi the only one following this law?

Message 9 of 18
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

the thing is they are taking 3 months to do a product change after you request it. This is completly ridiculous and giving reason like " we are giving u time to be sure and we have to do this by law"

yeah really is Citi the only one following this law?

BOA is the same way. I don't know about 3 months, but they definitely take several weeks to do a PC.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.