Re: Citi Dividend?

transfer the points to my CSP and 25%bonus for booking travelwith Chase.com

5% x 1.25% = 6.25

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 12 of 20
bribro
Valued Contributor

95% of my spending is concentrated on the Ultimate Rewards network. My Dividend card ONLY gets action on their 5% categories.

The Freedom + CSP + Chase Checking 10 & 10 (which recently got nerfed) is pretty hard to beat. If you buy something for $10 in a 5% Freedom category you get your 50 points, plus another 10 points for the transaction, plus another point for the 10% bonus. So $10 gets you 61 points, or 6.1x. If you transfer to CSP and buy an international first class flight on United by transferring points to MileagePlus, you can get easily get $.03/point - which means you earned 18.3x on that $10 Freedom purchase.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 13 of 20
bodybuilder510
Regular Contributor

I disagree with citi being stingy with CL. I was just approved for this card this past sunday and was given a 4000 limit. Discover my second highest limit of 3000. CLI every 6 months soft pulls beats out Chase any day.
Message 14 of 20
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@bribro wrote:

95% of my spending is concentrated on the Ultimate Rewards network. My Dividend card ONLY gets action on their 5% categories.

The Freedom + CSP + Chase Checking 10 & 10 (which recently got nerfed) is pretty hard to beat. If you buy something for $10 in a 5% Freedom category you get your 50 points, plus another 10 points for the transaction, plus another point for the 10% bonus. So $10 gets you 61 points, or 6.1x. If you transfer to CSP and buy an international first class flight on United by transferring points to MileagePlus, you can get easily get $.03/point - which means you earned 18.3x on that $10 Freedom purchase.

That sounds like a sweet deal.  But also figure in the AF for the CSP.  So maybe any extra points are negated?

To me, points CCs are just too complicated.  I'm actually pretty decent with numbers and arithmetic, but using cash (that's what it boils down to -- Cash -- since the majority of us will PIF at the end of the billing cycle) shouldn't be so cumbersome.

I read an article not too long ago that revealed the findings of a long study.  The study indicated that an overwhelming majority of CC users now want CB over points.

I think CB is way better than points.  And I'll even go as far as foregoing more points/rewards so as long as i don't have to think about point conversion rates lol! 

Message 15 of 20
distantarray
Established Contributor

@bodybuilder510 wrote:
I disagree with citi being stingy with CL. I was just approved for this card this past sunday and was given a 4000 limit. Discover my second highest limit of 3000. CLI every 6 months soft pulls beats out Chase any day.

I don't think Citi is that stingy from my experience I got approved or $6,500 few days ago for Citi Forward which makes it my 2nd highest credit limit behind my Navy 17k but Navy is known for super inflated CL's probably cause they know that no one will burn them if they had a choice cause of the limits alone lol

Message 16 of 20
distantarray
Established Contributor

@ccnewcc wrote:

@bribro wrote:

That sounds like a sweet deal.  But also figure in the AF for the CSP.  So maybe any extra points are negated?

To me, points CCs are just too complicated.  I'm actually pretty decent with numbers and arithmetic, but using cash (that's what it boils down to -- Cash -- since the majority of us will PIF at the end of the billing cycle) shouldn't be so cumbersome.

I read an article not too long ago that revealed the findings of a long study.  The study indicated that an overwhelming majority of CC users now want CB over points.

I think CB is way better than points.  And I'll even go as far as foregoing more points/rewards so as long as i don't have to think about point conversion rates lol! 

that's the beautiful thing about chase if you want cash back it's a clean 1 / 1 conversion rate No brainer just remove 2 zeroes.

Message 17 of 20
bribro
Valued Contributor

@ccnewcc wrote:

@bribro wrote:

To each his or her own. I just booked a $1400+ domestic flight on United for 50k points. I'll take that over $500 in CB any day. Smiley Happy It is a little cumbersome to deal with points, but it quickly becomes second nature (at least for me).

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 18 of 20
bodybuilder510
Regular Contributor

I was a bit skeptic at first about applying. I've read here that Citi seems to the hardest to get of Discover and Chase. I was proven wrong. I must be doing something right! Happy holidays to everyone on this board.
Message 19 of 20
distantarray
Established Contributor

@bodybuilder510 wrote:
I was a bit skeptic at first about applying. I've read here that Citi seems to the hardest to get of Discover and Chase. I was proven wrong. I must be doing something right! Happy holidays to everyone on this board.

don't get me wrong I'm sure they're hell to deal with if you have a bad mark since we don't hear everyone getting a Citi card, esp Citi Forward but perfect clean record they seem to be nice =0

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.