cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash Card World Elite Mastercard!?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Double Cash Card World Elite Mastercard!?!

@Medic981 wrote:

Today, I received my blue and green envelope with my beautiful CC in it, to my surprise it is a World Elite Mastercard. Nothing indicated that I was applying for a WEMC at the time. 

Same thing happened to me.  Got the card about a month ago.

Message 11 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

My $500 SL DC Card is a “World Elite”.
Message 12 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My $500 SL DC Card is a “World Elite”.

I think it is subjective delivery by Citi on who gets WE.  

@Anonymous
Message 13 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One provides real World Elite benefits in their terms and conditions for my Savor card which has a high credit limit. I don’t know what the specific benefits are for Citi as it is dependent on the credit issuer but World Mastercard Elite should give some entry level benefits as standard on all issuers.  

I have had issues with Citibank in the past and don’t use their products anymore.  

Message 14 of 32
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I gor the double cash soon after it came out by PCing from what I think was a World MC, and it became a plain MC.   When I asked, I was told it doesn't come in World, despite lots of people here having such a card.   I decided not to waste time fighting, and just forgoe the AMAZING benefits.   Then just last week I got an email saying it was going to be a WEMC.   So now my life will change!

Message 15 of 32
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

I gor the double cash soon after it came out by PCing from what I think was a World MC, and it became a plain MC.   When I asked, I was told it doesn't come in World, despite lots of people here having such a card.   I decided not to waste time fighting, and just forgoe the AMAZING benefits.   Then just last week I got an email saying it was going to be a WEMC.   So now my life will change!

Congratulations!!!

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 16 of 32
Sharingan
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

I got my Double Cash shortly after Citi started taking applications for it several years ago, and mine has remained a World MasterCard ever since. I probably called once years ago to inquire, and I vaguely recall hearing something similar from the representative (no World/World Elite tier on the DC), despite already having the World MasterCard version in my possession. I also PC’d a TY Premier at one point to a second Citi Double Cash card, and the account was stripped of the World Elite status, and the new card came with the World MasterCard clown colors like my original. The second DC was closed shortly thereafter.

I gave up trying to figure out how Citi determines which DC accounts get the World Elite designation a long time ago, and I don’t think I’ve seen a post on these boards either with a logical explanation that ended up being congruent with reality. I’m not even sure if Citi knows what they give/mail out to their customers. 

Message 17 of 32
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Be sure to read through the countless old threads about when people have used the WEMC benefits!

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 18 of 32
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@Sharingan wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

I got my Double Cash shortly after Citi started taking applications for it several years ago, and mine has remained a World MasterCard ever since. I probably called once years ago to inquire, and I vaguely recall hearing something similar from the representative (no World/World Elite tier on the DC), despite already having the World MasterCard version in my possession. I also PC’d a TY Premier at one point to a second Citi Double Cash card, and the account was stripped of the World Elite status, and the new card came with the World MasterCard clown colors like my original. The second DC was closed shortly thereafter.

I gave up trying to figure out how Citi determines which DC accounts get the World Elite designation a long time ago, and I don’t think I’ve seen a post on these boards either with a logical explanation that ended up being congruent with reality. I’m not even sure if Citi knows what they give/mail out to their customers. 

I am curious if anyone has been collecting data points as to whether someone gets an MC, WMC or WEMC? So far it sounds like there is no rhyme or reason as to who gets what. I know it can't just be hit or miss!

Message 19 of 32
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Be sure to read through the countless old threads about when people have used the WEMC benefits!

I did a search and really didn't come up with issues about when people used the WEMC benefits.

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.