cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash Card World Elite Mastercard!?!

tag
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Double Cash Card World Elite Mastercard!?!

@longtimelurker wrote:

I gor the double cash soon after it came out by PCing from what I think was a World MC, and it became a plain MC.   When I asked, I was told it doesn't come in World, despite lots of people here having such a card.   I decided not to waste time fighting, and just forgoe the AMAZING benefits.   Then just last week I got an email saying it was going to be a WEMC.   So now my life will change!

How will your life change?

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 21 of 32
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Medic981 wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

I gor the double cash soon after it came out by PCing from what I think was a World MC, and it became a plain MC.   When I asked, I was told it doesn't come in World, despite lots of people here having such a card.   I decided not to waste time fighting, and just forgoe the AMAZING benefits.   Then just last week I got an email saying it was going to be a WEMC.   So now my life will change!

Be sure to read through the countless old threads about when people have used the WEMC benefits!

I did a search and really didn't come up with issues about when people used the WEMC benefits.

I was adding to LTL's sarcasm.

There are far, far more threads about people wanting or getting WEMC and Visa Sig than there are about people ever using the benefits.

A lot of people get really excited and think WEMC is something special...then either never closely examine the benefits, or look into them and discover they are pretty mediocre.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 22 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Benefits are determined by card issuers.  A basic world mastercard elite will still come with certain features as standard however.

A card issuer can put more benefits on lower tier cards than the basic standard features on a World Elite.

https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/consumers/find-card-products/credit-cards/world-elite.html 

Mastercard website shows the list of basic included features.  

Message 23 of 32
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

@wasCB14 

There are far, far more threads about people wanting or getting WEMC and Visa Sig than there are about people ever using the benefits.

A lot of people get really excited and think WEMC is something special...then either never closely examine the benefits, or look into them and discover they are pretty mediocre.

Mediocre is an understatement.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 24 of 32
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

How will your life change?

Well, for a start there's this person I've been trying to get to go out with me, but she kept making what I eventually realized were excuses.   So I forwarded the email from Citi to her, pointing out it's going to be a WORLD ELITE MASTERCARD and said "Now I'm sure you will want to go out with me!"   OK, she said "Stop stalking me you little ....... or I will tell the police" but I'm sure she's just playing hard to get and it's only a matter of time.

Message 25 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know that my Citi DC is a WEMC, but I have no idea what that is, nor do I care.  I literally have zero idea what the benefits are (if any) of World Elite status on a CC and am quite sure that whatever they are (if anything) wouldn't at all change my use of the card, which is just for 2% back on general spend purchases.  All of that fluff labeling and talk to me is just that, fluff.

Message 26 of 32
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

A while ago a poster referred to World Elite as “silver circles of uselessness”, that describes my feelings on World Elite.   Smiley Very Happy

Message 27 of 32
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

A while ago a poster referred to World Elite as “silver circles of uselessness”, that describes my feelings on World Elite.   Smiley Very Happy

After looking at mastercard's site, I am certainly underwhelmed with the World Elite "status".

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 28 of 32
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Banks and MC both seek to make a profit. They're not in the business of giving valuable things away for free.

If the customer wants something useful and valuable, someone has to pay for it.

Maybe the customer pays an AF. Maybe the customer pays through spend and travel loyalty, accepting low-cost rewards. Maybe merchants pay, or a bank's related business pays.

If there's not a good way to charge the appropriate price for something, a rational response can be to just lower the quality.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 29 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's something.

Citi Double Cash Visa does not work on Plastiq.

But all Mastercards are supposed to work.  So I assume the Double Cash Mastercard will too.

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.