Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash Invitation

tag
KingPredator
Regular Contributor

Citi Double Cash Invitation

Sorry for the post but I couldn’t find the answer by searching. I received an invitation to apply for the Citi double cash card , I don’t know or think it’s a pre approval but it does have the invitation code. I currently have a Best Buy Citi card which I’ve had for about 15 months.

Some info about my credit :
Bk chapter 7 discharged over 2 years ago
6 cards no late payments on any or any collections at all since rebuild.
Aaoa is 2 years 11 months .
Scores are exp and TU 682 and equifax 695 FICO 8 scores. And bk does not show on EQ
I also tried doing pre qualify on citi’s site and nothing came up which is the reason why I’m asking.
Thank you in advance on any feedback.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Double Cash Invitation

@KingPredator wrote:
Sorry for the post but I couldn’t find the answer by searching. I received an invitation to apply for the Citi double cash card , I don’t know or think it’s a pre approval but it does have the invitation code. I currently have a Best Buy Citi card which I’ve had for about 15 months.

Some info about my credit :
Bk chapter 7 discharged over 2 years ago
6 cards no late payments on any or any collections at all since rebuild.
Aaoa is 2 years 11 months .
Scores are exp and TU 682 and equifax 695 FICO 8 scores. And bk does not show on EQ
I also tried doing pre qualify on citi’s site and nothing came up which is the reason why I’m asking.
Thank you in advance on any feedback.

Despite your good scores, 2 years post bankruptcy might be too close for Citi's comfort. I did a quick search and found forum positngs from several years ago; posters indicated that they were told they would have to wait 7 years post discharge and others indicated they were approved 2 years after. Question, did you burn Citi in your bankruptcy? Because if you did don't bother applying. 

As far as the mailer itself; that was most likely just marketing. Banks obtain information about the area you live in. So, basically, you may live in a city with an average home price of $500,000; 94% of residents are college educated etc. Citi and other banks want customers like that so they send out mailers hoping some will bite. This is known usually as pre-selected in that you were pre-selected based on demographics. Pre-approved generally means that they have received certain information about you via the credit bureaus and they may be able to offer you a product. Usually pre-approved offers have a solid APR offer rather than a range and there is usually some opt-out verbiage on the back of one of the pages. Just be sure to understand that pre-approved does not mean guaranteed approval. 

I personally think you should skip this one for now. If you are approved it will likely be for an abysmal credit line and outrageous APR.

Message 2 of 6
KingPredator
Regular Contributor

I did not burn them in the BK. Thank you for the info and I will definitely hold back until I get an actual pre approval.
Message 3 of 6
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

I would be shocked if they approved you this early. Consensus is generally 7 years. Exceptions have been the Sears and Costco cards which people including myself got earlier than that. If you really want to get in with CITI earlier apply for their secured card. It will unsecure at 18 months as long as you PIT.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Every time I see only TU and EQ scores, I think Credit Karma VantageScore.
Message 5 of 6
The-Credit-Disciple
Frequent Contributor

@ King Predator

I received that Invitation in the Mail in Feb 18, I apply for it and got approved instantly, even though my SL was only $800 at least I got my foot in the door for more greatness to come in the future. The citi double cash card  is cool, because you earn 1% when you purchase items and 1% for just paying back. Go for it and see what happens, but its totally up to you, hope this helps

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.