Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Double Cash Question

Posting this for a friend. 

A friend of mine opened a double cash card today. He wants to do a balance transfer from his Freedom card. He currently owes Chase ~$2,500 and the new Citi Card has a CL of $1,100. 

I have the following questions:

1. Whats the likelyhood that he can call and get his CL raised once he gets the card ??

2. Are there ANY small payments due on the balance transfer offer during the promotional period, i.e. is there some sort of small amount that he has to pay monthly to just show he's servicing the new balance or is it truly no interest/payments for 15 months??

3. I know it says that balance transfers need to be done within 4 months, could he in theory do the transfer of $1,100 from his freedom account and then concentrate paying that down during the first 4 months and then before the 4 months are over move over more of the old balance to the Double Cash before the 4 month period is over? Or is only one balance transfer allowed?

Appreciate the input. TIA!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Double Cash Question

• don't think you can get a CLI immediately
  •  you will still pay minimum due on citi DC with BT offer
  •  you can do multiple BT during that 4 months.

note you cannot utilize the entire CL for BT.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really appreciate the info. Of the $1,100 CL, whats the max that can be utilized for the BT?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That I am not sure. From my past experince, seems around 50% of CL is avilable for BT. Maybe somewhat different for different individual, lender, etc.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got approved for the Citi DC the beginning of December with $1100 CL and 0% BT for 18 months. I was hoping for a higher CL because I wanted to transfer more than that. I just tried for a CLI yesterday and was denied. I'm sorry I tried because I got a HP for nothing. I did do a BT for the full amount it ended up being $1067 towards the BT and $33 in fees. And to answer your questions: 1 - he can call and try to get it raised but it is a HP. 2 - After you do the BT there is a minimum payment due every month. Mine is $25 but I'll be paying more than that. 3 - you can do as many BT as you want within the 4 month period within your CL.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.