Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash SP CLI Experience and Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Double Cash SP CLI Experience and Question

Hey guys, it's been a while. Anyway, I saw that I had the option of a soft pull CLI on my Double Cash card so I went ahead and clicked through. Bam! My CL went from $6,800 to $8,100.

It also gave me an option to request for an even higher CL on that same page with no indication that there would be a hard pull so I went and asked for $10,000. I was denied. I had sent a secured message before this request, but I guess I was too impatient and ended up going for it. They just responded and said that there was for the second request even though I was not told, which sucked. I definitely made sure to check carefully and browsed around the forum before I pulled the trigger for more. I don't have the time to check my reports right now though.

So two questions:

1) Has this happened to someone before? If so, would it be cool to share some details and which report was pulled? Citi customer service has been incorrect on many occasions so I want to be sure.

2) If there really was a hard pull, is there anything Citi or I can do? Like I said, there was no disclaimer saying the additional request would result in a hard pull. The option for an additional increase was in the congratulatory page after I went through a soft pull increase.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Double Cash SP CLI Experience and Question

I recall seeing the disclaimer.

They pulled EQ for me (NorCal) for CLI requests.

Message 2 of 7
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

first option SP second always HP mine EX. congratulations on your CLI

Message 3 of 7
kdm31091
Super Contributor

It is unlikely they will remove the HP or do anything about it, unfortunately.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing happened to me except I saw a disclaimer for the hard pull

Message 5 of 7
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Any time you ask for more credit, expect an HP. Brace for the worst. This goes for all lenders.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 6 of 7
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

I just did a CLI for my DC card and where you fill in the income and housing numbers, it specifically said that they would not pull your credit, and you will receive an immediate response. I didn't go any further than one attempt, and it was (slightly) successful - if a HP shows up, I'm going to be pretty unhappy!

If I go back in now that I've done that SP request, the language on the page changes to "By clicking "Continue" you understand that we will obtain a credit bureau report to evaluate your request. Our credit department will review your request within 24 hours." So it seems if you want more than the original request allowed, you have to be ready to accept a HP.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.