Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash Update

tag
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

Citi Double Cash Update

Recieved card in the mail today and activated it set up all of my monthly bills on auto pay. While doing so I have seen where people were able to lower APR as soon as they get the card. Spoke with agent and he lowered my APR from 16.99 to 14.24. I PIF every month but still nice to know I have a low rate. WOW Citibank! I would have to say this is by far one of my favorite credit cards and I just got it. Also requested a limit increase intial SL is 5K which is a little low for me I like to stay under 30% and some months I can run anywhere from 3K-5K in charges. Will come back and update this post once I hear back about limit increase. 

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Double Cash Update

Good thing you pay in full, 14% APR might be lower than the average but is still wayyy too high to pay interest on.

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new Citi DC card and APR reduction!

Message 3 of 21
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your APR reduction!

Message 4 of 21
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Welcome to DC family 🤑

Message 5 of 21
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

That's pretty awesome for them to do right out of the gate! Good luck on that CLI and congrats on the new DC! 🙂

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 6 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Impressive getting an apr redux off the bat, Citi must like youSmiley Wink.  Regardless of how high it may seem , still a good apr for a rewards card. Of course using it would negate the rewardsSmiley Wink

Message 7 of 21
WowCool
Frequent Contributor

Nice work!! Congrats!! Good luck on your CLI!!

Message 8 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your APR reduction!

Message 9 of 21
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

I hope you get the SL increase 😀

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.