Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash Update

tag
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Double Cash Update

Citi sent me an offer on my DC:

0% for 3 months (then back to 15.24% regular APR)

Kind of a useless offer for me when BofA gives me:

0% for 15 14 more months with 1.75%+ cash back (WWF), and

2.625% with a high APR and PIF

I'd sooner take 0.25% less in rewards and have another year at 0%!

DC is SDed and locked on the website, last used around October. I just keep it in case I can PC to some good new card Citi might introduce.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 11 of 21
VPExecutive
Frequent Contributor

@Harvey26 wrote:

Recieved card in the mail today and activated it set up all of my monthly bills on auto pay. While doing so I have seen where people were able to lower APR as soon as they get the card. Spoke with agent and he lowered my APR from 16.99 to 14.24. I PIF every month but still nice to know I have a low rate. WOW Citibank! I would have to say this is by far one of my favorite credit cards and I just got it. Also requested a limit increase intial SL is 5K which is a little low for me I like to stay under 30% and some months I can run anywhere from 3K-5K in charges. Will come back and update this post once I hear back about limit increase. 

I bet if you ask again in a few days, they'll lower it to 12%. 

Message 12 of 21
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

It's a good card and I get 0% offers on purchases a lot only thing I don't like is that the website does not work well / load I'm on a Macintosh using Safari so I don't know if that is it.

Message 13 of 21
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the new card! 

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 14 of 21
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@SweetCreditObsession wrote:

I hope you get the SL increase 😀

After going through a whirlwind due to them trying to reach me over the weekend and not being able too I finally got a call from a lady today and she increased my limit to 10K said she could not go any further due to my account being so new and to wait 6 months and I can request a higher amount.

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 50K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K
@ 1.74
Message 15 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Cory88 wrote:

It's a good card and I get 0% offers on purchases a lot only thing I don't like is that the website does not work well / load I'm on a Macintosh using Safari so I don't know if that is it.

@Cory88, I use  a decent HP laptop running Mozilla Firefox with a commercial class 10g ISP.

The site loads very fast for me. Just wanted to pass that info along.

Message 16 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Harvey26 wrote:

After going through a whirlwind due to them trying to reach me over the weekend and not being able too I finally got a call from a lady today and she increased my limit to 10K said she could not go any further due to my account being so new and to wait 6 months and I can request a higher amount.

Congrats on your increaseSmiley Happy

Message 17 of 21
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Harvey26 wrote:

Congratulations on your CLI!

Message 18 of 21
ChefCurry
Established Member

@Harvey26 wrote:

Hey @Harvey26 , would you happen to still have that number you called to make the request (and who should I ask for)? Is it just the basic customer service number? I was just approved and was looking to get a little bit higher SL. Also, how long after the initial approval did you call them? When I applied, they called me to verify my identity, and after they did, they told me that I was approved. I asked that same person if I could possibly get a higher limit, and they said that I had to wait to get my card and then make the request on the site. This doesn't seem to be what you did. 

Message 19 of 21
mrjerry
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the increase!

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.