Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash World Elite Version

tag
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Double Cash World Elite?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmmm. I see. 

It seems like I was able to atleast get in on the Priceless.com stuff (Were it shows as a WEMC) and set up that mastercard travel account. So seems like atleast the stuff that doesnt really cost anything is kept, while other stuff is removed.. Still, kinda a sketchy thing to do

Some of those savings are illusory, where hardly anyone pays "full" price. Or they're things that few people would otherwise actually do.

I once paid with a MC for 10% off an admission fee at the NY Botanical Gardens via Priceless Cities, only to find out later that my AAA membership could have saved me 20%.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 41 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Double Cash World Elite Mastercard Benefits?

I received my DC in the mail yesterday after a long wait. I noticed it is a world elite MC even with an SL of $2,900. Does Citi issue WEMC to everyone, I'm puzzled.
Also, I can't figure out if the DC has actual WEMC benefits as I'm getting mixed information from searching online. I don't see any benefits in the marketing sent by mail or in my Citi app other than the 2% cashback. Could they be doing it to raise more interchange fees?
Message 42 of 64
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Citi Double Cash World Elite Mastercard Benefits?

@Anonymous wrote:
I received my DC in the mail yesterday after a long wait. I noticed it is a world elite MC even with an SL of $2,900. Does Citi issue WEMC to everyone, I'm puzzled.
Also, I can't figure out if the DC has actual WEMC benefits as I'm getting mixed information from searching online. I don't see any benefits in the marketing sent by mail or in my Citi app other than the 2% cashback. Could they be doing it to raise more interchange fees?

They are issuing a lot of them as WEMC and upgrading some as well, regardless of CL.  The DC doesn't have cell phone insurance part of the WEMC benefits, and some of the others might be missing.

Message 43 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interestingly, I was just able to use the BIN (first 6) on the DC to register for the MC concierge, so that is working
Message 44 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Loquat wrote:

I believe Chase does the same thing the Amazon Rewards Visa and it I believe it's issued as a Signature regardless of credit limit.  

You are correct. Wife has a Amazon Visa Signature with a 3K limit.

Message 45 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

With my WEMC, I like to inform the associate taking my card that it's a WEMC, and its a privilege to hold one lol.

Seriously,  here's a list of additional benefits, although I don't think all cards contain all additional benefits:

The World Elite Mastercard Program

World Elite card holders enjoy all of the standard and World Mastercard benefits listed above, plus the following:

• Lyft —Take 5 rides in a month and get a $10 credit once a month.
  • Boxed — Earn 5% in cash rewards on orders for future purchases.
  • Lufthansa — Card holders receive a 15% discount on the German flag carrier.
  • Avalon Waterways — Card holders can receive up to $75 per person on all cruises.
  • Vacation Packages — Card holders can receive between $50 and $250 when booking tours and vacations around the world.
  • Car Rentals — Get a 25% discount when renting with Avis or National or Sixt. Upon request, card holders can also receive elite status with these companies.
  • Chauffeured Car Service — This program features savings on limousine services around the world at 20% off the standard price.
  • Private Jet Program — When first class just doesn’t cut it, this program offers discounts from private jet charter operators Skyjet and Vitesse Worldwide.
  • Personal Travel Advisor and Mastercard Global Service Premium — These appear to be the same as the benefits offered by World Mastercards, but purportedly come with more personal service.
  • Mastercard Priceless Cities — Take advantage of travel experiences that give you preferred access to VIP events, insider opportunities, special promotions and more.
  • Mastercard Priceless Golf — These are golf offers and experiences with the PGA Tour for World Elite cardholders, as well as a Golf Concierge Service to access other golf benefits available.
  • Mastercard Hotel Stay Guarantee — If you book a 3-star or higher rated hotel, and you aren’t satisfied, Mastercard says that it will have a Lifestyle Manager work with you to make it right.
  • Mastercard Lowest Hotel Rate Guarantee — If you find the same exact prepaid hotel stay for less, Mastercard will refund the difference.
  • Onefinestay — Save 10% on rental homes worldwide.
  • Fandango — Every time you buy two movie tickets, receive $5 off future movie tickets or at-home purchases.

Message 46 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PDXoriginal wrote:

The DC is a World Elite card in logo only. And offers zero actual World Elite benefits.

Citi's sole purpose is to earn higher swipe fees without offering no additional benefits.

Some benefit is real, some is not with DC. Citi CSR is so incompetent, calling them will not net you any accurate info. So its just a trial and error approach.

The card holds true values, esp. for those invested in the TYP systems. I just hope Citi upgrade its design, It's literally the worst looking card in citi's lineup.

Message 47 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its interesting.. the exact  formula they use to determine if you get a WE or just a World is confusing. I have a WE but I have a Premier before that as a WE so its possible they simply gave me WE as a result. I have a Simplicity on the way so it will be interesting to see what its status will be.

Message 48 of 64
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Its interesting.. the exact  formula they use to determine if you get a WE or just a World is confusing. I have a WE but I have a Premier before that as a WE so its possible they simply gave me WE as a result. I have a Simplicity on the way so it will be interesting to see what its status will be.

When the DC came out, I PCd a Visa Sig (Premier I think) and my DC ended up as "plain", not even World.   (The CL was around $15K, so that wasn't the issue).    Then later they automatically convered it to a WEMC, even though I hardly used it.

But it's not just them.   My $25K PPMC is also a standard one.   However, I don't find this a problem!

Message 49 of 64
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

Citi DC "world elite" upgrade

My "World" DC card was due to expire in a few months, so Citi sent me a new one. The new one is a "World Elite". I did some searching and couldn't find very good information about what this change entails. Lots of people said "nothing", while some other people said there were loads of benefits.

I Did just sign up for the mastercard website and entered my card #, and it said I was eligible for "Travel and Leisure benefits". I submitted a request for the National car rental benefits (which includes complimentary Emerald Executive status & 25% off car rentals), and it said my request was submitted and someone will get in touch with me about it within 24 hours.

Anyone else used MC World Elite benefits with this card? The National Emerald Exec and discount bonus is HUUUUGE for me, since I rent with them several times a year. But I'm wondering what other great deals I might not know about.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 50 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.