cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash and Citi Costco Online Access Blocked !!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Double Cash and Citi Costco Online Access Blocked !!!

I and my wife are now totally unable to access our accounts online.

We are blocked, have tried numerous password changes, secret questions. identification numbers, re-registering, and have talked to numerous CITI technicians and CSRs and CSR supervisors on the phone. One CSR got it working once, and then the next time I tried, it wouldn't work !!  He was puzzled and said it must be a "glitch." All other cards sign in fine. I am at the point where I will have to manage Citi on the telephone, which we all agree is a PITA. I recently installed a new antivrus called Total AV. Could this have anything to do with it? Everything worked until yesterday, them BOOM! 

Has anyone else had this much trouble with CITI online? Using the phone is doable, but slow. 

If Double Cash and Costco didn't have such sweet rewards, then I would blow them off and use another card !!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi Double Cash and Citi Costco Online Access Blocked !!!

When you say "using the phone is doable", does that mean you can access your account(s) or profile through your devices or are you saying via the good ole method of calling and doing things via the automated system?
Message 2 of 7
NRB525
Super Contributor

Yes, anti-virus, or even pop up blockers, can bolox many websites. 

Try uninstalling the AV just to work through the tech possibilities.  

PC Magazine includes these cons: “Poor scores in our malware protection test and malicious URL blocking test. No results from test labs we follow. Marked many dangerous downloads as safe. Expensive.”

I cannot say I recognize the brand, and when a Google search has three of the top four hits that are virtually ad / promo websites, and PC Magazine pans it, I’d write off the cost, uninstall the software, and go with McAfee or Norton. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 3 of 7
SBR249
Established Contributor

If you are currently calling in to manage your account, have you tried using the Citi app? 

Otherwise, have you recently opened any Citi bank accounts and linked your cards to those? Have you tried a different computer or browser? 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Total AV is total garbage. Uninstall it and install Avast. I have used it for years on multiple computers and never had an issue with it. Total AV has serious issues and while Avast has near perfect detection scores across the board, Total AV misses a lot. Avast is incredible for a product that is available for free. 

That said, you need to try another device to make sure its a device issue. From what I have seen about Citi, I don’t doubt that they broke something. Try your phone browser if that’s all you have. 

Message 5 of 7
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

Yes, anti-virus, or even pop up blockers, can bolox many websites. 

Try uninstalling the AV just to work through the tech possibilities.  

PC Magazine includes these cons: “Poor scores in our malware protection test and malicious URL blocking test. No results from test labs we follow. Marked many dangerous downloads as safe. Expensive.”

I cannot say I recognize the brand, and when a Google search has three of the top four hits that are virtually ad / promo websites, and PC Magazine pans it, I’d write off the cost, uninstall the software, and go with McAfee or Norton. 

+1

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 6 of 7
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

OP, it seems to me that the problem is on your end (the new security software), not on Citi's end.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.