Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Double Cash

@Anonymous wrote:

I haven't followed the details with Blispay, but I've gone back to DC for my 'everything else' card from a few other things because of some of Citi's other benefits besides cashback. Extended warranty protection was recently improved to the best around, plus the price rewind feature (which I haven't used, but I've been diligently putting things into). 

I also like the alerts and the cashback is easy to redeem (lots of options). 

Thanks for the reply.  Would you mind sharing what changed with the extended warranty protection and explain the price rewind feature a bit if you have a chance? 

Message 31 of 43
ronstar7
Established Contributor

@Aahz wrote:

@ronstar7 wrote:
Hello everyone!

So excited I received my first pre select from a major bank. Now I'm in the garden, one of the cards I wanted was the Citi Double Cash card. Came home and saw the envelope. My reports are frozen and have been for quite some time now. Just for kicks however I opted in a few weeks ago to see if it might trigger some preapprovals. Today i saw it, has a specific apr not a range of apr's and the credit screening message on the bottom of the letter. I am in NY, do you know who they pull so I can unfreeze IF I choose to apply. Utl is 0, 1 baddie from 2011 which I'm sure hey saw since they soft pulled me and that's it. Scores in siggy are accurate as of today true ficos. But I thought you can't get preapprovals if your reports are frozen? Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

Opting out/in and freezing your reports are two entirely different things that have zero bearing on each other.

Opting out means that your profile will not be included when lendors request that the CRAs send them "contact information for all consumers who meet these criteria" so they can be sent offers for new loans/credit cards.  Opting in means your data will be included in that data dump.

Freezing your reports means that lendors cannot do a hard pull speficially on your personal credit report to see what it looks like (presumably for the purpose of extending you credit).

I know what they mean I was just providing data points for the purpose of my post. Thanks Smiley Happy

Starting scores 12/1/15 EQ 601, TU 626, EX 601

Current Scores 9/17/17 EQ 686 TU 702 EX 655 Goal 700+ across
UTL 7%
Last Inq: 9/20/17
Message 32 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Quite off topic here, but outside of starting a new thread I figured I'd ask this here first regarding the Citi DC card vs Blispay for 2% CB on every day purchases that don't fall into any sort of category.  Sort of a daily driver card to use outside of rewards categories? 

What are the benefits and drawbacks of each compared to the other?  Shooting from the hip, with my limited knowledge I perceive the following:

The Citi DC card has been around longer and Blispay obviously not very long and the future of Blispay isn't very clear at this time.  While SL's may be comparable on both cards, the DC has the potential for a higher CL over time as you can receive CLI's where Blispay stays at its SL forever as far as I know.  The big advantage to Blispay I suppose would be the interest free financing on purchases over $199 which to me is an attractive feature over the DC.  Another Blispay "advantage" would be that it doesn't report so far from what some have said on here, if you personally consider that an advantage over DC.  As far as the fine print goes, I don't know much about the additional benefits of either card.  Some have said that getting the 2% CB rewards with DC takes a while since it's 1% + 1% and you have to pay it off to get half of it... but I PIF so I don't think that would really matter to me.  I know the Blispay 2% back comes in the form of statement credit, not sure if that matters vs DC. 

Does anyone have any opinions on these cards compared to one another?

Chances I would use one for around $1k in purchases per month for things like recurring bills and daily spends that don't fall into any sort of rewards category.  Thanks for the insight, everyone.

I have DC and BlisPay and I like them equally. Right now, my plan is to use BlisPay for car insurance that renews every 6 months. I want to take advantage of the $199, 6 months offer and earn 2% cashback too. Like others, I'm hoping BlisPay will be a hidden trade line.

I use DC for all HH bills. I know people have complained about its high redemption rate but it's never been an issue for me. 

I think both are good cards to have in one's arsenal.

Message 33 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Citi Price Rewind
Did you get the lowest price on your Citi® card purchase? Let’s find out. Citi Price Rewind searches for a lower price on the registered items you pay for with your Citi card at hundreds of online merchants. If the same item is found at a lower price within 60 days of your initial purchase date, you may receive the difference between the price you paid and the lower price found by Citi Price Rewind. Citi Price Rewind does that hard work for you."

"
Damage & Theft Purchase Protection
Shop with more confidence — Damage & Theft Purchase Protection may cover you for repairs or a refund if purchases made with your Citi card are damaged or stolen within 120 days of purchase (90 days for New York residents).
Extended Warranty
Extends the manufacturer’s warranty so you can feel more confident when you make purchases with your Citi card."

Search on here re: warranty details. I'm on my phone, doing the best I can. IIRC it adds up to two years additional warranty. That prompted us to use it for some electronics vs another card w/ 5% cat.
Message 34 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good information, thanks for that.  The price rewind sounds great in theory.  Does anyone have any stories if it saving them some money?

Does Blispay have any other smaller features other than what's been discussed so far?

Message 35 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ronstar7 wrote:
Hello everyone!

So excited I received my first pre select from a major bank. Now I'm in the garden, one of the cards I wanted was the Citi Double Cash card. Came home and saw the envelope. My reports are frozen and have been for quite some time now. Just for kicks however I opted in a few weeks ago to see if it might trigger some preapprovals. Today i saw it, has a specific apr not a range of apr's and the credit screening message on the bottom of the letter. I am in NY, do you know who they pull so I can unfreeze IF I choose to apply. Utl is 0, 1 baddie from 2011 which I'm sure hey saw since they soft pulled me and that's it. Scores in siggy are accurate as of today true ficos. But I thought you can't get preapprovals if your reports are frozen? Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

Allowing all of your cards to report with a $0 balance can have a negative impact on your FICO scores.

Message 36 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very true.  It is recommended to let 1 of your cards report a balance of 9% or less of it's credit limit in order to maximize your scores, if that's what you're after.

Message 37 of 43
Aahz
Established Contributor

@ronstar7 wrote:

@Aahz wrote:

@ronstar7 wrote:
Hello everyone!

Opting out/in and freezing your reports are two entirely different things that have zero bearing on each other.

Opting out means that your profile will not be included when lendors request that the CRAs send them "contact information for all consumers who meet these criteria" so they can be sent offers for new loans/credit cards.  Opting in means your data will be included in that data dump.

Freezing your reports means that lendors cannot do a hard pull speficially on your personal credit report to see what it looks like (presumably for the purpose of extending you credit).

I know what they mean I was just providing data points for the purpose of my post. Thanks Smiley Happy

No offense intended, but you did ask "But I thought you can't get preapprovals if your reports are frozen?".  You may have already known that the answer to that question was that freezing has no effect on preapprovals, but hundreds of people will be reading this thread in the future and may not realize that freezing and opting out are completely unrelated and don't interact with each other at all.

Message 38 of 43
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ronstar7 wrote:
Wow so they double pull? That might be a deal breaker for me, I have 0 inq for the last 18 months getting 1 is already hard to stomach lol let alone 2!

Double pulling means 1 inquiry on 2 different bureaus; you don't get 2 inquires on the same one so you still won't have more than 1 on any bureau.  This shouldn't be a deal breaker for you.

I checked the credit pulls database for the DC card in NY and of the 6 people that reported on that card in the last 2 years, 4 of them had EX pulled and 2 of them had EQ pulled.  None of the 6 mentioned getting double pulled / pulled by two different bureaus.  I'd imagine the lower your score and/or the more negative information you may have on your file the greater the chance there is of a second pull, but that's just me speculating.

It's not so clearly defined.   Chase and Citi both started double pulling me when my FICO scores were in the 830+s.   Don't know why!

Same here.  WA state.  Always double pull ex and EQ.  If want cli on approval, then pull TU.  Just a heads up.

Signature needs updating
Message 39 of 43
creditguy
Valued Contributor

So it appears the word Double in Double Cash also means Double Pull. And here all this time I bet you all thought it simply meant Double Cash, Good One Citi Smiley Tongue

Message 40 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.