Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Double Cash

Some advice to help you out, not that you should be carrying a balance anyways...

I have been successful in 1/1 attempts with Citi to lower the card's APR over their chat feature on their website. First time was from 19.24% to 17.24%. I've heard of people doing this four days in a row to lower their APR by 8%. Don't be discouraged by their 21.49% APR when it can probably be lowered to 13.49% in a matter of days. 

Just by two cents. 

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
They pulled ex for me when it got approved last week. 14 inq apr 21%

Small starting limit tho

what was your starting limit?

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you are really interested in the Citi dc, check the pre-qualifier once a week. I found that every time I checked the pre-qualifier on citi's website, I would get an offer in the mail a few days later. I started out getting the higher apr as well.  I watched offers for about 6 weeks and the apr on my offers gradually dropped.  I finally caught a great offer - 0% for 21 mo and 13% after that.  I accepted and had a starting limit of $3800.  They pulled EQ.  My score was around 690, 8 INQ, 1 medical collection from 2010, 5% utilization and AAoA was under 2 yrs.

I think I'm going to wait but I know my scores are starting to improve because for the first time in my life I'm starting to get preapprovals and prequalifiers from all kinds companies. I think a little more work and time will do me right. I'm trying to be a little more patient.

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Closingracer99 wrote:

I wouldn't put much thought into the APR but the CL .... The APR could be 500% for all i care but i wont be using it. Only time I carry a balance is if i have a 0% APR intro offer. or something.

True!

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RM21 wrote:
You would know better than anyone if it's a good time to apply. It's good that you have the mindset to stop yourself from doing something prematurely.

I'm trying hard not to do any unnecessary apping.

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Some advice to help you out, not that you should be carrying a balance anyways...

I have been successful in 1/1 attempts with Citi to lower the card's APR over their chat feature on their website. First time was from 19.24% to 17.24%. I've heard of people doing this four days in a row to lower their APR by 8%. Don't be discouraged by their 21.49% APR when it can probably be lowered to 13.49% in a matter of days. 

Just by two cents. 

All advice is appreciated. I just want to for once app and get a limit I can really be proud of. I just have to wait a little while longer. I have 13 inquires on EQ and 17 on EX all of them age 1 year in August. I want to see if my score changes once they age but either way it goes I'll still probably wait some months to see how much more my scores can improve.

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just ran this prequal check for my mother, came for the same offer with same APR terms on purchases and 0% on BT. It listed other Citi cards as prequal as well, including simplicity with 0% for 21 months on purchases. Ran app on Double Cash with her and approved for $1000, pulled Equifax 661 FICO.

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just by two cents. 

All advice is appreciated. I just want to for once app and get a limit I can really be proud of. I just have to wait a little while longer. I have 13 inquires on EQ and 17 on EX all of them age 1 year in August. I want to see if my score changes once they age but either way it goes I'll still probably wait some months to see how much more my scores can improve.

To be fair, most people start out with a low limit on the DC, or at least from what I've hard. 

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe it's not the best time for me to apply. I need to work on my score an aging my current cards right now. Thanks for all the input.

I think you made a wise decision. Too many times people apply for cards just to 'get in' with a creditor instead of waiting for better opportunity (improved credit profile, lower APR, etc). Best of luck!

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe it's not the best time for me to apply. I need to work on my score an aging my current cards right now. Thanks for all the input.

I think you made a wise decision. Too many times people apply for cards just to 'get in' with a creditor instead of waiting for better opportunity (improved credit profile, lower APR, etc). Best of luck!

I completely agree. Best of luck!

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.