Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Double Cash

@Anonymous wrote:

If you are really interested in the Citi dc, check the pre-qualifier once a week. I found that every time I checked the pre-qualifier on citi's website, I would get an offer in the mail a few days later. I started out getting the higher apr as well.  I watched offers for about 6 weeks and the apr on my offers gradually dropped.  I finally caught a great offer - 0% for 21 mo and 13% after that.  I accepted and had a starting limit of $3800.  They pulled EQ.  My score was around 690, 8 INQ, 1 medical collection from 2010, 5% utilization and AAoA was under 2 yrs.

Excellent strategy mimsof4!

Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you are really interested in the Citi dc, check the pre-qualifier once a week. I found that every time I checked the pre-qualifier on citi's website, I would get an offer in the mail a few days later. I started out getting the higher apr as well.  I watched offers for about 6 weeks and the apr on my offers gradually dropped.  I finally caught a great offer - 0% for 21 mo and 13% after that.  I accepted and had a starting limit of $3800.  They pulled EQ.  My score was around 690, 8 INQ, 1 medical collection from 2010, 5% utilization and AAoA was under 2 yrs.

I think I'm going to wait but I know my scores are starting to improve because for the first time in my life I'm starting to get preapprovals and prequalifiers from all kinds companies. I think a little more work and time will do me right. I'm trying to be a little more patient.

When building a solid credit profile, patience is paramount.

Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just ran this prequal check for my mother, came for the same offer with same APR terms on purchases and 0% on BT. It listed other Citi cards as prequal as well, including simplicity with 0% for 21 months on purchases. Ran app on Double Cash with her and approved for $1000, pulled Equifax 661 FICO.

Congrats!

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.