Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Double Cash

I applied for double cash back in December was denied due to bk reporting. That was the only reason. I applied for costco card few mins later was instantly approved. Is there specific time frame to get double cash after bk?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Double Cash

Well, Citi Retail generally has easier UW than legacy Citi.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Only thing though, Costco is not considered part of Citi Retail (i.e. Shell, Sears, Home Depot, Best Buy, etc.). The Costco Card is part of their legacy line up since it's a card that can be PC'd into from some of their other CCs, just not in reverse.

What was the approval amount for Costco, @Anonymous?  My assumption is that you applied for both too soon (i.e. at the same time).

There is different UW criteria for a variety of their legacy CCs. So, UW would vary for Double Cash, TY Premier, Citi Rewards+, AAdvantage, etc.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

Only thing though, Costco is not considered part of Citi Retail (i.e. Shell, Sears, Home Depot, Best Buy, etc.). The Costco Card is part of their legacy line up since it's a card that can be PC'd into from some of their other CCs, just not in reverse.

What was the approval amount for Costco, @Anonymous?  My assumption is that you applied for both too soon (i.e. at the same time).

There is different UW criteria for a variety of their legacy CCs. So, UW would vary for Double Cash, TY Premier, Citi Rewards+, AAdvantage, etc.

I was approved for $4K. I applied for Double cash first was denied. Few mins later applied for Costco.

Message 4 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

I was approved for $4K. I applied for Double cash first was denied. Few mins later applied for Costco.

When was BK DC'd? Was it 7 or 13?  I am assuming Citi wasn't IIB?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Chapter 7 filed in May 2017 and discharged Sept 2017. Citi Double cash and Macys Amex credit was IIB.

Message 6 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Chapter 7 filed in May 2017 and discharged Sept 2017. Citi Double cash and Macys Amex credit was IIB.

Ah gotcha.

Ok, this might be one of those peculiar situations that if a previous Double Cash account was IIB, it may be a while before they loosen up the purse strings, even if you were approved for Costco in Dec. You can try again in a couple months or so (if you wish), and if it yields the same results, then wait at least another year.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Ah gotcha.

Ok, this might be one of those peculiar situations that if a previous Double Cash account was IIB, it may be a while before they loosen up the purse strings, even if you were approved for Costco in Dec. You can try again in a couple months or so (if you wish), and if it yields the same results, then wait at least another year.

I will retry in July. Gardening for Amex credit card.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.