Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double pulled me

tag
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Citi Double pulled me

You guys that have been reading lately know that I was just approved for the Citi Forward card. I had assumed that they pulled EQ because that was what they listed on my disclosures form. The score they listed was directly in line with my EQ Fico. Well, I just literally found out that they also pulled EX for the app. The double pull really don't bother me but I just wonder why they did it? Maybe my EQ was borderline bc of the amount of INQ's, so it caused the additional pull. Is it normal for Citi to do 2 different Hp's? they never listed my EX score on the disclosures form nor did they indicate they had pulled that report, now I want to know what my EX fico is since they pulled that, is there any way if I call in somebody at Citi will tell me?

Since there is alot of people that look at these threads for info on lenders, I thought it only fair to list this additional info. In my original post, I listed only my EQ details bc thats all I thought they pulled. My EQ listed 18Inq's but EX only has 4 (5now). The reports are identical except the Inqs and my EX fico is like 30 to 40 points higher than EQ fico. Just wanted to list the additional info for anybody reading these threads trying to find info to base a decision off of.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
twelfthjoe2
Established Member

Re: Citi Double pulled me

It's normal they can pull all three if they want. Maybe they seen something they did not like on the first one.

Message 2 of 11
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@twelfthjoe2 wrote:

It's normal they can pull all three if they want. Maybe they seen something they did not like on the first one.

+1

You were probably borderline. 

Twelfth, gotta ask, why do you keep that CreditOne card? Smiley Tongue Sorry to thread hijack. 

Message 3 of 11
twelfthjoe2
Established Member

@jsucool76 wrote:

@twelfthjoe2 wrote:

+1

You were probably borderline. 

Twelfth, gotta ask, why do you keep that CreditOne card? Smiley Tongue Sorry to thread hijack. 

Thats a good question. I guess because I just have never closed an account yet. I'm sure when the next AF comes around I will as theres no real reason for me to keep it. Unless they will incress the limit one it.

Message 4 of 11
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

@twelfthjoe2 wrote:

+2

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 5 of 11
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Although not citi, I have had a couple banks pull two before. Never really bothered me as long as it was an approval! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 6 of 11
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

They pulled TU twice one day apart before the unsecured my Citi card. My guess is that I was borderline and it had to get bounced up for review. Interestingly, Citi (and everyone else) pulled EX for initial apps so the TU pull had zero effect on anything.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 7 of 11
gettnthere
Established Contributor

ok guys, this is pretty weird so im hopin yall can help. I just got off the phone with Citi and it was kind of strange. I had called in to just see if one of the CSRs would be willing to tell me what my EX fico score is. ok, so the first CSR told me that he only seen where they had pulled EQ and thats what they based their decision off of. So i tell him that i received an alert from EX saying that CitiBank N.A had requested my CR. He said he would transfer me to an Account Manager and they should be able to help. so I get on the AM on the phone and he pretty much says the same. He stated that they absolutely DID NOT pull EX, they only pulled EQ and thats all. i asked if there was anyway that maybe he just couldnt see it but he stated that if they had, he wold def be able to see the pull. I told him that i DO have a HP on EX from them so something aint right, so he thought it was strange also and decided to get the New accounts/applications department on the line with us. That department COULD NOT find any info in CITI pulling my EX report AT ALL....they said between the 2 of them that, IF citi did pull EX, they would def be able to see it. they couldnt find it tho. The even weirder thing: they BOTH told me that i should go ahead and contact EX and dispute the HP bc it shouldnt be there! I thanked them both and hung up. Now im just really confused lol. what do you guys make of this? should i really dispute the HP on EX? its really weird to say the least lol. just wanted ya'lls insight

Message 8 of 11
twelfthjoe2
Established Member

I would if you dont want the HP there. They had to have pulled it for it to show up like that. I really dont understand that.

Message 9 of 11
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@twelfthjoe2 wrote:

I would if you dont want the HP there. They had to have pulled it for it to show up like that. I really dont understand that.

Excatly! thats excatly what i was thinking. I cant make sense of it.   Back in june when i app'd for the Freedom card, CHase double pulled me and was able to give me info on both pulls, so i really dont understand this one....

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.