Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Easy Deal points?

tag
celluloid17
Established Contributor

Citi Easy Deal points?

Does anyone have a suggestion for how to best utilize Citi Easy Deal points earned from a Citi Diamond Preferred card?  I'm planning to close my CDP card and I currently have 2,147 Citi Easy Deal points that I don't know what to do with.  I've tried to bid on a few auctions, but I can't seem to win one.  Using them to cover a tiny fraction of the cost of lackluster merchandise isn't appealing to me either.  They have a gift card option, but you can only use a small number of points towards the purchase of gift cards rather than being able to pay with your points entirely. In my estimation, Citi Easy Deals are anything but easy and this whole incentive program is kind of a joke!

Is there another option I'm missing?  At least with Thank You points you can use them on Amazon.  

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
jaebsf
Contributor

Re: Citi Easy Deal points?

Wish I knew what to tell you. I have many of the same points. It is far and way the most useless and un-rewarding rewards program I know of. I hate Citibank. Will be closing this account very soon myself.

Message 2 of 8
SMDLiquid
Regular Contributor

I use the points on gift cards and merchandise. You can usually get a great discount  

Chase Freedom | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred AU | Amex EDP AU | Amex SPG | Citi Prestige | Citi AAdvantage Executive | AAdvantage Aviator Red |

FICO: Experian 821 | TransUnion 825 | Equifax 830 | Last App: 08/28/2017
Message 3 of 8
jaebsf
Contributor

Wow, what a deal. A little discount on stuff I don't want. Thanks Sh*t*bank! 

Message 4 of 8
H14
Contributor

I've come to the conclusion they are most useful for hotel stay discounts, especially if you use the Top Travel Deals section which changes weekly. 

Aside from that I've seen nothing else worth using them on. 

Message 5 of 8
celluloid17
Established Contributor

@H14 wrote:

I've come to the conclusion they are most useful for hotel stay discounts, especially if you use the Top Travel Deals section which changes weekly. 

Aside from that I've seen nothing else worth using them on. 

I'll have to check that section out to see if there are any enticing offers.  Thank you! Smiley Happy

I agree with the concensus that they're mostly useless.

Message 6 of 8

For those like myself who care more about real cash rather than the discounted cash its useless. I would perfer to get account credit like my Discover Card, or my Cap One card. Citi does it because they think people are stupid enough to think that if you get a $25 Gift card, that they spent $25 and I would rather have $20 account credit. Or better yet, recude my Rate. I do not travel enough to worry about Travel discounts like Hotels, or Cars or 90% of the other "gift card" locations. Once my Home loan is finished I will be dropping them. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

citi easy deals are 100% a rip off and scam.

The points on the CITI–EASY Deals web site are impossible to use.
Agree that they are a complete waste of time and worthless.

CITI–EASY Deals are a  **HUGE*  waste of time, Completely Worthless.

I have had AT&T Universal Citi cards for 15 years and have *NEVER* been able

to use the points. the program is impossible to use and a COMPLETE waste of time. They are infamous on the internet as an absolute joke. Its nearly impossible to use, you get logged out right away, winning takes an act of god, and you have to sit in front of the computer for hours. Who has time for this??? there are so many cards with excellent rewards why should anyone waste time on this horrible, impossible website???

My Cards are getting cancelled

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.