Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Executive Aadvantage World Elite MC - Bonus Offer 100,000 miles

tag
ZeroChance
New Contributor

Citi Executive Aadvantage World Elite MC - Bonus Offer 100,000 miles

Today I received a  mailer from Citibank for Citi Executive Aadvantage World Elite MC with 100,000 bonus miles after $10,000 spend in 3 months. Looks like a really good bonus offer. I wasn't planning on applying for any credit card, but this seems too good to pass up. Is this a usual offer? Will I see it again at a later time?

ZC

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Executive Aadvantage World Elite MC - Bonus Offer 100,000 miles

In short, yes. It seems to be a targeted offer that comes about annually. IMO it seems to be the trend. 

Message 2 of 17
enharu
Super Contributor

@ZeroChance wrote:

Today I received a  mailer from Citibank for Citi Executive Aadvantage World Elite MC with 100,000 bonus miles after $10,000 spend in 3 months. Looks like a really good bonus offer. I wasn't planning on applying for any credit card, but this seems too good to pass up. Is this a usual offer? Will I see it again at a later time?

ZC

this offer has been available publicly for about 2-3 months now.

It used to be a targeted offer, but as long as you used the correct online link, anyone can now get the 100k miles offer. 

It's a great offer, but AA has recently ninja devalued their program, so it may be not as great of an offer for some people.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 17
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:

@ZeroChance wrote:

ZC

this offer has been available publicly for about 2-3 months now.

It used to be a targeted offer, but as long as you used the correct online link, anyone can now get the 100k miles offer. 

It's a great offer, but AA has recently ninja devalued their program, so it may be not as great of an offer for some people.

+1

Level 1 AAnytime domestic first class is now 85k miles ONE way.  I can still book a partner award ticket to Australia for 125k in business, but I'm sure that will be addressed soon. 

$250 (after $200 statement credit) is no longer worth $10k in spend for me - especially losing the convenience CVS offered with VR. 

Message 4 of 17
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@DrZoiberg wrote:

In short, yes. It seems to be a targeted offer that comes about annually. IMO it seems to be the trend. 

I have to disagree here. I don't think we've ever seen a public 100k signup bonus on the AA cards, or at least not anytime recently. The offer also gives a $200 statement credit, effectively bringing the AF down to $250. Despite what has happened with AA over the past few days, it's still a very good deal.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 5 of 17
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@DrZoiberg wrote:

I have to disagree here. I don't think we've ever seen a public 100k signup bonus on the AA cards, or at least not anytime recently. The offer also gives a $200 statement credit, effectively bringing the AF down to $250. Despite what has happened with AA over the past few days, it's still a very good deal.

Agreed. Just about any cc signup 100K offer is a good offer as long as making the $10K spend is not stressful. I almost never fly AA but I now have 110K miles more and so does my DW. The two $10K purchases were federal tax payments for my 2013 return, and were going to be made no matter what. 

Message 6 of 17
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@DrZoiberg wrote:

Agreed. Just about any cc signup 100K offer is a good offer as long as making the $10K spend is not stressful. I almost never fly AA but I now have 110K miles more and so does my DW. The two $10K purchases were federal tax payments for my 2013 return, and were going to be made no matter what. 

What about the BA 100k bonus after 20k in annual spend? I'm curious to see what people think of that one.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 7 of 17
dilettante
Established Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@DrZoiberg wrote:

+1

I had been on the look out for 100,000 airline offers for the past year for airlines we use and this has been the best so far for AA, especially with the $200 credit. The highest before was 75K without $200 credit. However, I did notice that DH just recently got a new AA targeted offer for the 100,000 w/ $200 credit that expires on May 31.

If you frequent the FT forum, you can see how so many churners and regular folks are jumping on this offer because it's such a rarity and good deal. In fact quite a few are taking advantage of Citi's generous sign up policy and opening 2 or 3 of these cards.

Message 8 of 17
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@dilettante wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@DrZoiberg wrote:

+1

I had been on the look out for 100,000 airline offers for the past year for airlines we use and this has been the best so far for AA, especially with the $200 credit. The highest before was 75K without $200 credit. However, I did notice that DH just recently got a new AA targeted offer for the 100,000 w/ $200 credit that expires on May 31.

If you frequent the FT forum, you can see how so many churners and regular folks are jumping on this offer because it's such a rarity and good deal. In fact quite a few are taking advantage of Citi's generous sign up policy and opening 2 or 3 of these cards.

I think they've changed the T&C and it now says that it can only be received once. Obviously this won't affect those who have already done it multiple times, but it may affect people who plan to apply again in the future.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
Message 9 of 17
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@dilettante wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@DrZoiberg wrote:

+1

I just dont see how this is such a wonderful deal after the latest deval. I promise I wont point it out anymore, but American really made Uniteds deval look like a small trimming. 

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.