cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Forward Card - 5 Thank You Points Benefit

tag
Cosm0

Citi Forward Card - 5 Thank You Points Benefit

I applied and was accepted for a Citibank Forward Card for College Students about a month ago. My main reason for getting this credit card was because of the 5 Thank You Points you'd receive for each $1 spent for restaurants, Amazon.com, theaters, etc. I spent about $700 within the first month, and when I got my first statement, I only received $700 Thank You Points despite most of the transactions being from Amazon and restaurants. I called Citi's customer service, and after a series of transfers, this one guy with an accent said that the mentioned 5-Thank-You-points-for-every-$1 benefit was not listed for my account. What?! I applied online, and the benefit was still mentioned here even on their website https://creditcards.citi.com/credit-cards/citi-forward-for-college-students/ I mentioned this to them, but they kept repeating that I can only receive 1 Thank You point for every $1 spent for my account. I am furious because of their bait-and-switch antics. The only reason why I decided on this credit card was because of this benefit. From what I've read from other Citi Forward card owners, they're still receiving the 5 Thank You points benefit. Is there something from the small print that I am unaware of?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
trishdadish
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi Forward Card - 5 Thank You Points Benefit

I posted the same issue on here about a week ago. I contacted the President's Office and they took up the matter. Yesterday I was left a voice-mail from a rep there stating that they were still working the case, that today (Friday) she would be OOO, and by Monday I should have a reply. So I will keep you posted. If I don't get my points, I am seriously thinking of taking AA (legal) against them! Like the Hulk says: "You won't like me when I'm angry." (LOL)

All 3 bureaus (per Amex CreditSecure FAKO) are still 748 (as of 12/19/13). Cards: Discover It, $12,100, Chase Freedom $3,300, Chase Amazon $1,500, Walmart store $11,000, AMEX Zync NPSL, Costco Amex $14,700. US. Bank Cash +, $5,000. AMEX SPG $6,000, PenFed Plat. Cash Rewards $17,500, PenFed P-LOC $10,000, Citi Forward $5,100, Chase Slate $5,000, Old Navy, $2,200.
Message 2 of 8
Cosm0

Lol, thank you for keeping me updated. I hope it works out for the both of us.

Message 3 of 8
karachiken

Don't t even call them, their CSR is very unprofessional,

I also had the same issue on last week but I fix my problem by writing the security message

Here is there reply: 

We have applied the offer to your account today. We regret that this issue occurred. 

The terms of the offer state that 4 bonus points will be awarded for every $1.00 in spending at merchants categorized as: restaurants, movie theaters, bookstores and music stores. Based on your spending to date, sales within the qualifying categories total $120.68. This resulted in 483 bonus points being applied to your account today. Please allow 1-2 billing cycles for the points to be reflected on your statement. 

So strongly recommend commutation by writing the security message or you just get more angry  

Message 4 of 8
Cosm0

Hey karachiken, could you clarify on what a security message is?

Message 5 of 8
Phizzle
New Contributor

Just a guess here, but I am assuming he means a secure message through the online center. I don't have Citi personally; however, the creditors I deal with have a secure online message center.

Assuming Citi would as well.

Message 6 of 8
charleeislegend
Regular Contributor

This happened to me when i got my citi forward, i called their CSR to confirm my thoughts. They transferred me to a supervisor and within a couple of days he put the "promotion" onto my account along with a 3000 thank you bonus for the trouble. dont listen to everyone saying citi has crap CSR, its honestly all YMMV as i had nothing but a pleasant experience with them so far.

Credit Karma (TU) : 810 Discover FICO (TU): 805 Credit Sesame (EX): 805 myFICO (EQ) - 791
Amex Simplycash Business - $15000 Citi Costco - $12000 Citi Double Cash - $10000 Discover IT - $12000 Chase Sapphire Reserve - $32000
Message 7 of 8
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

I spend about 150-160 a week on food (restaurants, DD, wendys etc) using my forward. This past month i made 2733 points.
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.