Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Forward Recon

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Forward Recon

did u get the forward for college?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 11 of 24
rkinnahan
New Contributor

@enharu wrote:

I applied for the Citi Forward for Students (currently in grad school)

Chase Sapphire Preferred $12k | Chase Freedom $7k | Chase United MileagePlus Explorer $15k | Chase Hyatt Visa $11.8k | Chase Amazon Visa $3k | Citi TY Premier $8.5k | Amex SPG $13.5k | Amex HHonors $5k | Discover IT $9k | BofA Cash Rewards $6k | BofA BB Rewards $2.7k | Banana Republic Visa $3k
Message 12 of 24
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Citi is redic. My theory is that bc they got hit so hard with subprime mortgage losses and bc of the requirements of th bailout, they have stricter lending standards than even Amex or Discover.
And unfortunately, their customer service has been rated some of the worst.
Just take it with a grain of salt and move on.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 13 of 24
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

Call the Executive Offices
Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 14 of 24
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

i went the EO office route and got my citi dividend with a reasonable CL

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 15 of 24
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

@rkinnahan wrote:

@enharu wrote:

I applied for the Citi Forward for Students (currently in grad school)

odds are that they are a bit skeptical

You are definitely not their target demographic for the forward. Odds are that they are a bit skeptical of your student status given some of the existing lines in your sig. Getting approved might be as simple as calling in and sending them a document to verify student stauts.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 16 of 24
enharu
Super Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Citi is redic. My theory is that bc they got hit so hard with subprime mortgage losses and bc of the requirements of th bailout, they have stricter lending standards than even Amex or Discover.

Their new stricter lender standards are pretty much in line with the company's overall risk strategy under their new CEO's strategy. It's working for them though. Overall company performance is much better than it was.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 17 of 24
Radek7752
Contributor

I am a little confused as to why they aren't approving you. I know the underwriting is stricter for the TY Preferred and Premier than it is for the student Forward. I was approved for the Forward this past month as a senior undergrad and we have a similar line up of cards. Citi actually ended up giving me a higher limit than my TY Preferred that I got earlier this year and a better interest rate. Hopefully they will eventually give you the card...
BoA: Virgin Atlantic World Elite Mastercard
Chase: Sapphire Preferred (WMC)/Freedom/Amazon/Auto Loan (41k)
Citi: Thank You Preferred/Forward/Simplicity
AmEx: Zync/Blue Cash/Starwood Preferred
Discover: IT
GE: JCP/Walmart Discover
Message 18 of 24
enharu
Super Contributor

you might have reached their threshold of the maximum CL they're willing to extend to you at this point.

So they won't even let you move your CL around as well?
Did you contact EO?

Message 19 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

Their new stricter lender standards are pretty much in line with the company's overall risk strategy under their new CEO's strategy. It's working for them though. Overall company performance is much better than it was.

+1

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.