Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Forward Visa SIgnature?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Forward Visa SIgnature?

Does anyone know if there is a Visa Signature version of this card? It's not listed on the Visa Sig website but then again I don't think their list is comprehensive either. Thanks!

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
MS00000000
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi Forward Visa SIgnature?

Interesting question. I had always assumed any Visa with a $5,000 limit or higher was a Signature, but I looked at my card and it doesn't say it anywhere. 

Message 2 of 38
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

I can tell you for a fact that my Chase Freedom card had an $8600 CL, and was not a signature card.  Was just upgraded to signature this month.  I don't think the dollar amount of the line is involved in their decisions at all.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 3 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@crunching_numbers wrote:

I can tell you for a fact that my Chase Freedom card had an $8600 CL, and was not a signature card.  Was just upgraded to signature this month.  I don't think the dollar amount of the line is involved in their decisions at all.

How long did you have it before they upgraded you? I got my Freedom about 2 months ago, $7100 CL but its just the regular Visa.

Message 4 of 38
calogan
Established Member

Definately not, I have a Visa with >9k that is not a signature.

Amex Accelerated Cash Rewards. BankAmericard Privileges with Travel Rewards. Amex Blue Cash Preferred. Chase Sapphire Preferred.
Now gardening until 2013. I assume gardening is a metaphor, like "book clubs" where all you do is drink wine.

Message 5 of 38
andre181
Established Contributor

My Citi Forward has a $12k CL. Its not a sig.

I don't think there is a sig version of this card. 

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 6 of 38
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

It was an overstock.com branded Visa. It was converted to Freedom a year or two ago.  The upgrade to Signature was unexpected.  I did not ask for it. I was actually maxed out, and a charge put the card over limit by about $20 at Christmas.  They put the charge through and upgraded it to Signature.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 7 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@crunching_numbers wrote:

It was an overstock.com branded Visa. It was converted to Freedom a year or two ago.  The upgrade to Signature was unexpected.  I did not ask for it. I was actually maxed out, and a charge put the card over limit by about $20 at Christmas.  They put the charge through and upgraded it to Signature.

I see, thanks for sharing! I'm interested in the Signature's concierge service, which some have pointed out is exceptionally good.

Message 8 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@andre181 wrote:

My Citi Forward has a $12k CL. Its not a sig.

I don't think there is a sig version of this card. 

Yeah, that's what I suspect as well. I've never heard of anyone with a Sig version.

Message 9 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had the regular Citi Forward Visa card since 2009. This past week I received a notice from Citi stating that they were upgrading my card to a Visa Signature. It has all the same points as the regular Forward card, with the added benefits of VS. There was no change in interest rate or annual fee ($0). I did not request this upgrade. 

Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.