Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Forward consolidation + Chase Freedom Bonus

tag
leoment
Frequent Contributor

Citi Forward consolidation + Chase Freedom Bonus

Two questions, MyFico fam!  1. For those of you that have successfully consolidated and  closed your Forward card, was there a specific number you called in order to do so?  I would like to ditch this account seeing as I never use it anymore. 2. Does anyone have any speculation as to when Chase will up the sign up bonus for the Freedom card?  I know throughout the year it tends to fluctuate, but I'd rather hold off on apping if anyone knows when a bump up may occur Smiley Happy

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Forward consolidation + Chase Freedom Bonus

I was never able to PC or consolidate my Forward card. I did only try a few times though. I eventually just closed it down a few months ago. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 2 of 5
leoment
Frequent Contributor

@Peteyglad wrote:

I was never able to PC or consolidate my Forward card. I did only try a few times though. I eventually just closed it down a few months ago. 

Darn.. I have an 11k limit on my Forward and only 4k on my Dividend card. I'm really hoping there's some way to keep some of that CL, even if not all of it. I'll try around the end of this month and report back my results.  Thanks for the data point!

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call customer service and speak to a supervisor they have a form they csn fill out takes 3-5 days but it moves upto 10,000 of a credit line. Also just curious why would you want to get rid of a card that gives you 5% back on dining and entertainment?
Message 4 of 5
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Call customer service and speak to a supervisor they have a form they csn fill out takes 3-5 days but it moves upto 10,000 of a credit line. Also just curious why would you want to get rid of a card that gives you 5% back on dining and entertainment?

The Forward was nerfed last year. It now offers no categories above 2%. It also seems to be a loner is Citi's profile. I haven't seen much luck on people PCing it or reallocating credit limits from it. For most the only option is to either leave it open or close it outright. I was offered a 7,500 point retention offer for spending $1,000 in 3 months. I did that, received the bonus and promptly shut it down. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.