Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi HHonnors vs. AMEX HHonnors

tag
Jarrodpd
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi HHonnors vs. AMEX HHonnors

@Anonymous wrote:

I did apply for both and was approved.  I applied online with AMEX and then call Citi and whilie talking to the account specialest I ask how her card was better, her response was just to give me a hight CL.  I went cheap and signed up for the no annual fee cards, however I will have all point for both cards in the same HHonnors account.   I figure if I have both cards on me, I'll use AMEX first for the higher points and if they don't except AMEX ill have the Visa Signature.  I plan on hitting AMEX up after the 61 days also, I read a lot about that over the past couple weeks.  Thanks guys!

I favour the Amex card a little more because you get more points on everyday spending. For me it helps fill a gap, my PRG doesnt have a restaurant category so im more inclined to use my HHonors card for these type of purchases. Also when you really manipulate things you can make the points go further, for example I believe whenever you book the rooms with the 2X package you're basically getting 14 points per dollar instead of the regular 7 and also If you book through a certain phone number you also get 500 points per booking. I know the 2X package applies to the citi as well but their point system is slightly disadvantaged comparitively.

USAA Platinum Mastercard: $8000
American Express HHonors no AF: $12000
American Express Premier Rewards Gold: NPSL
American Express Platinum: NPSL
US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig: $5100|Chase Freedom: $7000|Chase Sapphire Reserve: $10000
Total combined CL:$42,100|Exp: 763(788Amex)|Equ: 759|Tu: 769 (04 May 2016)
Message 11 of 12
Hockeyplayrr
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi HHonnors vs. AMEX HHonnors

Don't wan to start a new thread for this but if I say pc my TYP to the citi hilton card, then decide later on I need more points and app for one would I lose the sign up bonus due to the pc? I'm assuming I would but citi is one of the few banks that still lets you churn so never know.

Credit Scores: Equifax - 744 (Oct FICO) | Experian 736(Oct Fico) | Transunion - 755(Oct Fico)

Credit Lines: Diners Club 20k | Penfed Plat Rewards 7k | SDFCU 5k | Amex BCE - 10.5k | Chase Freedom 4.5k | CSP - 10.6k | Discover IT - 9k | Sallie Mae 3.8k | BofA 123 - 4.9k | CITI Double Cash 9.1k | Total Rewards 3.25k
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.