Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Hilton Honors Reserve card

tag
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Hilton Honors Reserve card

I did not know that...So, I wonder which to keep if I did that. My CashRewards or my Flagship Siggy. Because my CashRewards is not a siggy. 

*8/10/13
Message 41 of 61
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

I check my email this AM to a zillion emails about replies to my post. So, I check here and am pleased as punch to see 3 servicemen communicating.

I have no clue what you all a sayin in your military speak. But, I jus had to come and say THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!!
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 42 of 61
swpopham
Established Contributor

keep the cash rewards, bump it to 5k (if your not there already and have them upgrade it to siggy for you)

sorry q we jacked your thead! tell Citi to take a leap, ill do the same with you!

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 43 of 61
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Oh no. I don't mind the thread jack at all.

It was just funny to read the military talk...it was like I was reading Greek. Lol

As far as Citi, I'm not sure I'm gonna app for the card. It's funny...I'm scared to app for anything. I haven't app'd for anything since May 2012 (I'm not counting the mortgage refi repull in Sept 2012).

I don't really need any additional credit and my current utilization is low. No need to add accts just for the heck of it.
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 44 of 61
swpopham
Established Contributor

@frugalQ wrote:
Oh no. I don't mind the thread jack at all.

It was just funny to read the military talk...it was like I was reading Greek. Lol

As far as Citi, I'm not sure I'm gonna app for the card. It's funny...I'm scared to app for anything. I haven't app'd for anything since May 2012 (I'm not counting the mortgage refi repull in Sept 2012).

I don't really need any additional credit and my current utilization is low. No need to add accts just for the heck of it.

I got you mixed up with the other guy that got offered the 500 then 1000 limit reserve card. In your case go for it! I tried and was declined but the gave me a premier instead.... so go figure. Its worth it if you travel or want to start staying at the hilton hotels for vacation

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 45 of 61
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

If you have upcoming Hilton stays, I would apply. The free breakfast and free wifi that you get with gold status offset the AF after just a few nights. While the HHonors point system has been devalued, I still think hhonors gold is one of the better midlevel elite status benefits. And using this card (or the surpass, in my case) for actual Hilton stays really racks up points. For example, I had a 5 night stay at the doubletree san juan in January. Total cost about $1300, but between the double points promotion, the online booking promotion, the weekend promotion, the 12 pts/dollar from surpass, the points and points double dip option, etc. I got almost 40k points just for that stay. Granted, that was one of those 'stars align" scenarios, but I've still done pretty well during non-promotion stays.

Now if you don't stay at hilton, none of this applies. With the devaluation, it is going to be hard to get meaningful rewards just based on credit card spend. Yes, you get the two free nights initially, but long term most people aren't going to spend enough and would do better putting the spend on a cash back or flexible reward program.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 46 of 61
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@frugalQ wrote:
I check my email this AM to a zillion emails about replies to my post. So, I check here and am pleased as punch to see 3 servicemen communicating.

I have no clue what you all a sayin in your military speak. But, I jus had to come and say THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!!

Thank you.... 

*8/10/13
Message 47 of 61
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@swpopham wrote:

keep the cash rewards, bump it to 5k (if your not there already and have them upgrade it to siggy for you)

sorry q we jacked your thead! tell Citi to take a leap, ill do the same with you!

SWPOPHAM..... My cash rewards has a $10k limit and my Flagship Siggy has $5k limit. 

So you think I should ask them to convert the CashR to a siggy and close the Flagship?

*8/10/13
Message 48 of 61
dodgeball
Established Contributor

When I called NFCU about combing limits they said they couldnt do that anymore!

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 49 of 61
DSW89
New Contributor

From what I've read if your limit is already above 5k you can just send them a message through the message center on your online account page and ask them to change it to the sig version.
NavChek~ 13K.... nRewards MC~ 12K... CashRewards Visa sig~ 12k... NFCU Platinum Visa~ 10K... USAA Cash Rewards~ $2000... Chase Freedom~ $1500... Discover It~ $1500... Belk~ $1200.... Children's place ~$850... Walmart Store Card~ $1350... Amazon Store Card~ $1150...Victoria's Secret~ $500 Macy's~ $800

EQ~ 642
EX Fico~ 680
TU~ 686
Message 50 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.