Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Hilton Honors Reserve card

tag
swpopham
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Hilton Honors Reserve card

@DSW89 wrote:
From what I've read if your limit is already above 5k you can just send them a message through the message center on your online account page and ask them to change it to the sig version.

I know your overseas, send them a secure message from your flagship card and ask them if they can give you a 5k increase on your cash rewards and close this one. and to upgrade your cash rewards card. they will do it.

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 51 of 61
swpopham
Established Contributor

@dodgeball wrote:

When I called NFCU about combing limits they said they couldnt do that anymore!

they will if its visa to visa or MC to MC... I had to get a supervisor on the phone to do it but it was no problem

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 52 of 61
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@swpopham wrote:

@DSW89 wrote:
From what I've read if your limit is already above 5k you can just send them a message through the message center on your online account page and ask them to change it to the sig version.

I know your overseas, send them a secure message from your flagship card and ask them if they can give you a 5k increase on your cash rewards and close this one. and to upgrade your cash rewards card. they will do it.

Sent you a PM

*8/10/13
Message 53 of 61
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Actually, my DH and I are currently planning a trip to Hawaii in July? With my employee discount, it looks like Hilton is the best option.

Which is better to app for, the Citi or Amex Hilton?
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 54 of 61
swpopham
Established Contributor

id take amex any day over citi... just imo type thing

Message 55 of 61
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Ugghhhh both AMEX and Citi are quirky lenders! If you have one you probably dont want the other and vice versa !

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 56 of 61
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

I say this as a hilton surpass owner: get the citi reserve. It is, hands down, the better card right now. Amex gives you slightly higher points on stays (12 vs 10/dollar) and better points on gas/groceries, but with the recent devaluation, that matters less. Amex gets access to AXON awards, but if you think you will redeem those, get the citi reserve and the amex no fee version. That gets you access to Axon awards, while getting gold for life, no FTF and 2 free nights from the citi. Citi won't give me any card as long as I've got negatives on my report (have had endless discussions about this with them), so I'm keeping the surpass until my last negative drops off next winter. But as soon as they do, I'll get the citi reserve and drop my surpass to the standard hilton amex.

There is also the possibility that AXON awards will disappear after March 28th, so that whole issue may be moot.
In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 57 of 61
gdub
Established Member

To reference the previous discussion, I app'd for the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve card, and there is no mention on the Citi website about a "Gold Verison" of the card, it just mentions Signature.  I (like many of you) was under the impression that Visa Signature had to be a minimum of a 5K limit.  I was approved with a 4K limit, I already have a Citi AAdvantage Visa Sig with 6.5K so I thought maybe this would be a "Platinum" version of the HHonors Reserve card not Signature, but I just can't find anything about that.  From what those on here have said though, Citi may have different Signature rules.  I know the Citi HHonors Visa Signature (different card) DOES mention a Gold version of the card if you aren't approved for Sig, but there isn't any mention of that for the HHonors Reserve card.  Any thoughts? Smiley Happy

Message 58 of 61
broseph23
Regular Contributor

@gdub wrote:

To reference the previous discussion, I app'd for the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve card, and there is no mention on the Citi website about a "Gold Verison" of the card, it just mentions Signature.  I (like many of you) was under the impression that Visa Signature had to be a minimum of a 5K limit.  I was approved with a 4K limit, I already have a Citi AAdvantage Visa Sig with 6.5K so I thought maybe this would be a "Platinum" version of the HHonors Reserve card not Signature, but I just can't find anything about that.  From what those on here have said though, Citi may have different Signature rules.  I know the Citi HHonors Visa Signature (different card) DOES mention a Gold version of the card if you aren't approved for Sig, but there isn't any mention of that for the HHonors Reserve card.  Any thoughts? Smiley Happy

Honey! Stop apping!!!! Smiley Wink

Age: 25 | FICO: TU 802, EQ 782, EX 801 | FAKO: TU 778, EX 769 | Garden: 6/2015 | Total History: 7yr 6mo | AAoA: 4yr 2mo | Util: 4%
........24000...............10000.....................6000................7000................500..................5000................18000...............10000
Message 59 of 61
TheDjinn
New Contributor

I have the Citi Reserve Siggy and I use it for everyday purchases. I also have the Amex HHonors card with no AF and I pay my cell and cable bill to maximize my points 6pts/dollar. I also shop at Costco alot and since they only accept debit or Amex I use my Amex HHonors for those purchases. I also have Gold status for life with Citi Reserve and get Axon awards being with Amex. Very good combo to have. I got the 2 free weekend nights for signing up with Citi and 40K sign up bonus with Amex. Flying high!!

Message 60 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.