cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Hilton to Amex Hilton Conversion - Dangit!

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Citi Hilton to Amex Hilton Conversion - Dangit!

So yep it is official I might already be shafted from the Citi to Amex Hilton conversion.  I called in a week or two ago to cancel my Citi hilton card once it was confirmed by Citi that cards were going to Amex.  Called that day an axed it.. Guess what I got in the mail today?  Paperwork from Amex with all the terms of my conversion to their Amex card.  Hopefully since I cancelled it they don't still plan on sending me a Hilton card to me?  They wasted no time on grabbing all the customers they could and sealing the deal with Citi behind our backs thanks Citi Smiley Sad...  

So what are all your thoughts even though I cancelled the Citi Hilton card will I be getting the Amex card or will my cancellation propogate so Amex doesn't open an account for me with them?  It isn't suppose to happen till the end of January so one would hope they got more up-to-date info from citi prior to that.  They gave me the APR and all the other terms and conditions about 10-20 pages of crud I just threw in the drawer as didn't want to read it all.  As far as I am concerned my ACCOUNT IS CLOSED AND HOPEFULLY WILL NOT BE WItH AMEX.  Whether Amex thinks this is the case I have no clue.  That would put me at 5 revolvers with Amex and about 70k in credit with them.  I wanted to leave a revolver open for the future and also CL available if there is ever another revolver I want with Amex.  

Anyone else receive this today?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Hilton to Amex Hilton Conversion - Dangit!

In more news, Citi is also eliminating Hilton as a TY points partner on 12/13.

Message 2 of 18
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

The letter states that if you close your Citi Hilton cc before the conversion then you will not be issued an AMEX Hilton cc. What I find odd is that you didn’t take the time to read the letter but did take the time to post your question here. lol It’s all in the letter they sent.
Message 3 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@SpecFile wrote:
The letter states that if you close your Citi Hilton cc before the conversion then you will not be issued an AMEX Hilton cc. What I find odd is that you didn’t take the time to read the letter but did take the time to post your question here. lol It’s all in the letter they sent.

Thanks for explaining.  I type 100 words per minute approx so only took about 1 minute at tops to write the post where-as I didn't feel like reading 10 pages or whatever it was from Amex after a 10 hour day at work.  Just not my idea of fun.   Thanks for the advise/thoughts thoughSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I thought we agreed no math after dinnerSmiley Wink

Ps, i couldnt type 100 words a minute if i had 4 handsSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

No letter yet but this would put me at 6 revolvers with AX including my Biz SPG..

Hmmm.

Message 6 of 18
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

I also fear overexposure with AMEX. Currently 2 revolvers at 56k and a Platinum. My Citi Hilton is 36k. That would be a lot in credit with AMEX and I don't see them going for it. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 7 of 18
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@SpecFile wrote:

Thanks for explaining.  I type 100 words per minute approx so only took about 1 minute at tops to write the post where-as I didn't feel like reading 10 pages or whatever it was from Amex after a 10 hour day at work.  Just not my idea of fun.   Thanks for the advise/thoughts thoughSmiley Happy

Totally get that! I don’t like to read at all and it was a chore just to read through that novel they sent in the mail. My comment was totally harmless..... just joking with ya a bit!
Message 8 of 18
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No letter yet but this would put me at 6 revolvers with AX including my Biz SPG..

Hmmm.

Sup Nixon...Nice to see you around..been awhile. Weve needed you in multiple threads, where have you been!!!  Glad to see youSmiley Happy

Message 9 of 18
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@SpecFile wrote:

I find it "odd" that you're slapping his hand for it, lol.  No one has time to read read that non-sense..

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.