Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Home Depot CLD but an extra dollar though

tag
MisterWives
Regular Contributor

Citi Home Depot CLD but an extra dollar though

Looks like they did this actually a month ago and I didn't really notice until now after I got an alert from a credit monitoring system that they decreased the limit.

I'm not really shocked as I don't think I put a single charge on the card since I opened it a year ago or at least for months now as I have no use for the 0% interest promotions they run since I usually always have another credit card with 0% already that I am trying to utilize.

Weird part is they decreased the credit limit from 11k to 5k plus a dollar, so $5,001 not sure why the extra dollar lol

Wants: PenFed Pathfinder Rewards(4x pts travel), PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature (5pts Gas, 3pts Restaurants and Grocery), U.S. Bank Cash+ (5% Categories), Chase Freedom Flex (5% Rotating Categories, 5% Travel, 3% Restaurants)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Home Depot CLD but an extra dollar though

Sorry to hear about the CLD.

Looks like you're bothered more by that extra dollar than the CLD itself so why not call them and throw them back that extra 1$ to make it an even $5K? 

I know I would.

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 2 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Citi is in cahoots with Sync cldsSmiley Wink. The $1 is to remind you that  all you need to do is actually buy something for a buck to stop the Cld PosseSmiley Wink. I didnt even get the buck so just shows how truely Average i amSmiley Sad Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 8
Moneyklutz
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

.... I didnt even get the buck so just shows how truely Average i amSmiley Sad Smiley Wink

Umm...not to us you're not!   Smiley WinkSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@MisterWives wrote:

Looks like they did this actually a month ago and I didn't really notice until now after I got an alert from a credit monitoring system that they decreased the limit.

I'm not really shocked as I don't think I put a single charge on the card since I opened it a year ago or at least for months now as I have no use for the 0% interest promotions they run since I usually always have another credit card with 0% already that I am trying to utilize.

Weird part is they decreased the credit limit from 11k to 5k plus a dollar, so $5,001 not sure why the extra dollar lol

Why not use it?  The next step-down is closure unless you don't mind the account being closed for inactivity, especially after 12 months.  Typically, they can be good for alerting customers about any potential closure, but in a variety of cases one tends to find out after the fact.

Message 5 of 8
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@MisterWives wrote:

Why not use it?  The next step-down is closure unless you don't mind the account being closed for inactivity, especially after 12 months.  Typically, they can be good for alerting customers about any potential closure, but in a variety of cases one tends to find out after the fact.

+1

HD is a good card to have, I'd find some legitimate spend. That CLD won't be easy to get back, CLI are more difficult than Lowe's, and are HP.

Message 6 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Moneyklutz wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

.... I didnt even get the buck so just shows how truely Average i amSmiley Sad Smiley Wink

Umm...not to us you're not!   Smiley WinkSmiley Happy

Thanks @Moneyklutz Smiley Happy.  Still havent used my cld HD🤯😋

Message 7 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@MisterWives wrote:

+1

HD is a good card to have, I'd find some legitimate spend. That CLD won't be easy to get back, CLI are more difficult than Lowe's, and are HP.

Credit lines can be found elsewhereSmiley Wink. Ive already regained my $2500 and then some elswhereSmiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.