Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Income Minimum

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Income Minimum

I put 18k and was instantly approved for a 2k limit with World Elite benefits.

Message 11 of 23
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

My guess would be the OP had a typo in their income. Maybe left off a 0.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 12 of 23
thummel
Established Contributor

I think it's interesting that theres no scores postedand the OP didn't give out what income they used and immediately people are saying to go EO. If you get denied for income there's obviously a problem at hand.
Message 13 of 23
myjourney
Super Contributor

Certain lender along with certain cards of that lender have income restrictions and it makes complete sense 

Would you approve a CSP to a person that makes 10k a year knowing the starting limit will be 5k min?

Which would be half their yearly salary 

Looks risky to me....Just my .02 tho 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 14 of 23
myjourney
Super Contributor

@thummel wrote:
I think it's interesting that theres no scores postedand the OP didn't give out what income they used and immediately people are saying to go EO. If you get denied for income there's obviously a problem at hand.

I agree with this to an extent 

This is how we lose access to important number that we share when things go wrong and a true need to escalate it higher is needed and warranted (abuse) 

Denial based on income if the right info was given in the first place is not only abuse of the access point but will most likely field the same results (a denial)

The EO can't change your income so the results based on the numbers are correct be it for a high limit card or due to DTI issues 

I don't agree with the income being a problem statement tho because it may not be due to low income but maybe DTI and we don't know 

Example college student with high SL's and also low income 

Recent house purchase and auto with a few CC balances but income is 100k

Or the 10k income and the card requires a minimum 5k approval and we've seen cases of each here on the forum

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 15 of 23
python0704
New Contributor

For reference, I was instantly approved for CL$2K with $23K income listed.

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

From looking around the web, I saw a few sites that say many credit cards require an income over the poverty line, which is approximately $12,000/year for a single person. If your income is less than that, you may get denied.

However, people do also get denied for income as a result of small mistakes in the application, such as mistyping or leaving out numbers, listing monthly instead of yearly income, etc.

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahoy!
Sorry for not replying sooner, I had wrote this before I went to sleep Smiley Sad.
And I just got off of work! Smiley Happy

So I have 5200 in available credit currently( yay for credit increases!)
And I have about $500 currently on my Capone, the rest are all paid off.
My income is 11-15k a year ( My scheduling is wonky, and there are incentives for doing well during certain seasons.)Smiley Frustrated
I put down 11k as my yearly income, because anything more than that is based on my work performance.

I did call them for recon, and I asked if my DTI was the issue and their reply was no.
My credit is in tip top shape, everything paid on time, no derog, and only $500 in debt Smiley Surprised
And truly the only reason is because of my income. My scores aren't that great, but they aren't bad either.

But oh well, maybe when I get another job things will look better :-)

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for Citi Double Cash with income of 13k, so the previous posts about a 12k minimum seem to have merit if you were denied with income stated as 11k.

Message 19 of 23
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Sorry the income ended up being the.issue. But it seems you.are understanding of that and not taking it personally, and you shouldn't. It's just part of business. You'll get there soon, I'm sure!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.