Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi New Rules - One bonus per 24 months

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi New Rules - One bonus per 24 months

I do not know if we have discussed the Citi new rules. They have limited their bonuses per 24 months opened or closed to co-branded accounts. If you want to apply under the old rules, August 28, 2016 is the last chance Smiley Wink

citi-thankyou-point-bonus-change.png

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi New Rules - One bonus per 24 months

It was just a matter of time Citi changed the rule and it seems the time has come.  They have been milked to deathSmiley Happy.

Message 2 of 29
wachme
Contributor

Get your apps in now before August 28th when the rule goes into effect. I've got all the Citi cards I need for now.
Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It was just a matter of time Citi changed the rule and it seems the time has come.  They have been milked to deathSmiley Happy.

Yes, I am wonder if they will change the rules later like Amex ,,, one bonus in your life time. Citi is giving now hard time to bonus churning.

Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I am wonder if they will change the rules later like Amex ,,, one bonus in your life time. Citi is giving now hard time to bonus churning.

I think they are going to as they have caught on. 

Message 5 of 29
ddemari
Super Contributor

i am not a citi person, but they finally did let me in on their retail side. Both the old and new terms say the same thing in regards to the 24 month rule? i could be reading it wrong, long day lol. looks like they lowered their sign up bonus and increased the spend, but i feel like something isnt clicking for me? 

edit; i get it, they are expanding their cards under that rule. took me a minute lol 

Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:

i am not a citi person, but they finally did let me in on their retail side. Both the old and new terms say the same thing in regards to the 24 month rule? i could be reading it wrong, long day lol. looks like they lowered their sign up bonus and increased the spend, but i feel like something isnt clicking for me? 

edit; i get it, they are expanding their cards under that rule. took me a minute lol 

The file is too big to download, but if you google it , you will read more info about this.

Message 7 of 29
ddemari
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

The file is too big to download, but if you google it , you will read more info about this.

check check thanks Mia!

Message 8 of 29
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

I wish the Premiere had a bonus right now, I regret not getting in when it was available. 

Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I do not know if we have discussed the Citi new rules. They have limited their bonuses per 24 months opened or closed to co-branded accounts. If you want to apply under the old rules, August 28, 2016 is the last chance Smiley Wink

I wish Chase did this instead of their 5/24 rule.

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.