cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Online App - Should I expect to be Declined?

tag
AAA_2011

Citi Online App - Should I expect to be Declined?

UPDATE:  As suspected below I was declined for lack of revolving credit lines. I live in TX and they pulled Equifax. My EQ FICO was 765 the day I applied with only one inquiry in the previous two years. This one app and denial dropped my EQ FICO score to 747 per the Score Watch Service . That's 18 points!!! I don't get this system!

Hi,

I applied online for the Citi Platinum MC today and was told my app was pending further review and they needed add'l information. I was given a number to call toll free.      I did so and was given a different number to call within 24-48 hours to verify my approval status or that I could wait to hear back in the mail within a week.

Should I expect to be declined? I currently have no CC's. I have an EQ Fico of 765 and a TU Fico of 724 ant the EX= unknown. My utilization should be fairly low.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Online App - Should I expect to be Declined?

@AAA_2011 wrote:

Hi,

I applied online for the Citi Platinum MC today and was told my app was pending further review and they needed add'l information. I was given a number to call toll free.      I did so and was given a different number to call within 24-48 hours to verify my approval status or that I could wait to hear back in the mail within a week.

Should I expect to be declined? I currently have no CC's. I have an EQ Fico of 765 and a TU Fico of 724 ant the EX= unknown. My utilization should be fairly low.

Thanks

What types of credit you have since you have no credit cards?  What utilization  from what are you referencing? 

Message 2 of 5
AAA_2011

Two active bank loans with impeccable payment history and low balances.

Several older bank loans still reporting including a Line of Credit etc, as well as a gas card I closed some time ago all 100% positive.

Message 3 of 5
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

you might be declined for not having any active revolving accounts aka credit cards

amazon
Message 4 of 5
Noctilum
Frequent Contributor

I applied at got the same message.  Was approved 3 days later.  It seems they manually reviewa lot of apps these days.  Lots of people here seem to be getting the same message when applying.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.