Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi PC = No Luck

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi PC = No Luck

Thank you all for the replies. I have one last question and I will get off the case since I have my answers from you guys helping me. 

If I were to apply for the Double Cash card (and get approved), would I be able to transfer the credit limit from the Diamond Preferred to the Double Cash? 

Message 11 of 18
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you all for the replies. I have one last question and I will get off the case since I have my answers from you guys helping me. 

If I were to apply for the Double Cash card (and get approved), would I be able to transfer the credit limit from the Diamond Preferred to the Double Cash? 

You can move the credit around but it typically requires a hard pull, and with your Diamond account being so new, that may be an issue as well. I vaguely remember that the account you want to move credit from has to be 6 months old or something.

Given the short credit history overall and short time with Citi I wouldn't particularly advise a new app yet but only you can decide that

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why not just go for a blispay card. Allegedly, it's hidden so it's only the inquiry that will impact your score for 6 mobths
Message 13 of 18
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Why not just go for a blispay card. Allegedly, it's hidden so it's only the inquiry that will impact your score for 6 mobths

Meh I rather go for the citi DC over the Bilspay... Citi isn't going anywhere... Bilspay who knows? 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Meh I rather go for the citi DC over the Bilspay... Citi isn't going anywhere... Bilspay who knows? 

Just giving advice. I couldn't care less what OP really gets.

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

So how long do we have to wait to do another Citi product change after we do one product change? 

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It may be in your best interest to do nothing for now. It's unfortunate that you didn't remember about the other BT until after you applied, but it's okay. It's a lesson learned. Good luck!

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys, so about 2 months ago I foolishly applied for the Citi Diamond Preferred card to do a $6k balance transfer... Little was I forgetting until last minute that Discover was offering a 0% balance transfer (no transfer fee) for 18 months at 4.99% APR... So I went with that choice. 

Now, I have a Diamond Preferred card with a $3.8k limit and have absolutely no purpose to ever use it. It will forever be in my sock drawer. I have reached out to Citibank almost 5 times (even spoke with a "senior executive manager") to no success at product changing my card to the Double Cash, which I would use profusely. I have heard all different explanations as to why they could not product change: Has to be three months of account opening, then another representative told me a year, then another representative (even the manager) said it has to be after my introductory 0% of 21 months period.... What the hell. I am so upset with Citi at this point to where I anticipate on never swiping a cent through that card. 

Anyone else had this similar experience of no luck at product changing? 

Gimme? That's a nice promo... Use it, then in a few months, call back. You applied, took the HP and got a little credit card for your efforts. I see a win-win, even if it gives you nothing outside of that awesomely long intro period!!

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.