Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi PC Not as Rep Said

tag
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

Citi PC Not as Rep Said

I recently called Citi to switch my Platinum Select Visa to Forward and two reps told me my interest rate would stay the same. Fast forward to today, I got the terms for the card, and my interest rate actually will go up 5%. I think I'm going to cancel the PC unless anyone has any ideas?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
smc733
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi PC Not as Rep Said

@scientifics wrote:

I recently called Citi to switch my Platinum Select Visa to Forward and two reps told me my interest rate would stay the same. Fast forward to today, I got the terms for the card, and my interest rate actually will go up 5%. I think I'm going to cancel the PC unless anyone has any ideas?

I knew something was fishy when they told you that.  The APR has changed for everyone I know that did a PC.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 2 of 4
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@scientifics wrote:

If you normally PIF then i say stay with it if its the Forward with 5x benefit... but if its the 2x benefit decline it.

Message 3 of 4
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

@scientifics wrote:

If you normally PIF then i say stay with it if its the Forward with 5x benefit... but if its the 2x benefit decline it.

They told me on the phone it was 5x, but the disclosure I got doesn't say anything about that. With my experience with the APR, I'm assuming they probably told me the wrong thing and it will be 2x...

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.