Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi PC Questions...

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Citi PC Questions...

I converted my silver Mastercard to the AA World Elite Mastercard and the rep said the conversation would take 51 days.

Does that mean it will take 51 days for me to get my card.

I have had my silver mastercard open for 4.5 yrs

Also, since I am getting a new account number, does it backdate to the date I opened the silver card?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Citi PC Questions...

Yes it will take 51 days. Sometimes it's faster though.

And since its a conversion, the account history is kept. There's no backdating but you get to retain the same account history since it's essentially the same account.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 8
blondy250
Established Contributor

That has not been my experience, I PC'd a Citi Simplicity to a Citi TYP world MC and kept the same 2001 member date as comfirmed by all three Fico reports.

Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 3 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:
Yes it will take 51 days. Sometimes it's faster though.

And since its a conversion, the account history is kept. There's no backdating but you get to retain the same account history since it's essentially the same account.

+1

Typically their conversions average anywhere from 45-51 days.  Once it has been PC'd you will notice the change online.  Subsequently you will receive the new card (possibly with a new account number).  However, as enharu mentioned, your account history (CRA-wise) will be preserved and will display the same open date, etc. as your previous card - the only difference might be the account number (if it changes).

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi informs us in accordnace with the Federal Credit Card Act that they have to do a 45 day conversion and then 10 - 14 business days mailing and card receipt. Usually an account number will start with 5466-16xx-xxxx-xxxx or 5589-55xx-xxxx-xxxx for Citi's upper level prime Master Cards. The Card you are p/c'ing is certainly a prime plus. If your account number doesn't start with one of the numbers I included in this post you will likely receive a new account number. Their upper tier cards use these numbers. Also, the elite Citi Visa Signature Cards will start 4147-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx. I p/c'd to a Citi Dividend World Elite Mastercard and the old mastercard number was 5424-18xx-xxxx-xxxx and it went through the process and took a total of 57 days with a new account number 5466-16 and so on.

Message 5 of 8
ccuser
Valued Member

@blondy250 wrote:

That has not been my experience, I PC'd a Citi Simplicity to a Citi TYP world MC and kept the same 2001 member date as comfirmed by all three Fico reports.

I asked them yesterday to PC my Simpliticy to a Dividend, and I was told that PC is impossible for Simplicity cards at all! When did you do the PC? Did you call some backdoor number?

AMEX BCP 25k | Discover It 17.6k | NIHFCU/Elan Bonus Rewards 9.8k | Citi ThankYou Preferred 9.4k (AU) | Barclaycard Arrival+ 8.5k | Citi Simplicity 8.5k | Andrews FCU GlobeTrek 7.5k | Sears MC 6.5k | Old Navy Visa 6k | Target 2.4k | Macy's 1.8k

EX FICO: 800 | TU FICO: 808 | EQ FICO: 815
Message 6 of 8
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

Anybody have luck PCing a Citi Diamond Preferred to a Citi Thank You Preferred Mastercard?

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 7 of 8
Stiga9
Regular Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

I converted my silver Mastercard to the AA World Elite Mastercard and the rep said the conversation would take 51 days.

Does that mean it will take 51 days for me to get my card.

I have had my silver mastercard open for 4.5 yrs

Also, since I am getting a new account number, does it backdate to the date I opened the silver card?

OP, I converted my Thank You card to a AA World MC a couple months ago. They told me it would take 51 days. However, the day or two after I PC'd I saw on the Citi Website that my account had changed to a AA card. I called to have an AU assigned and she asked if I wanted to have the card expedited. I said sure! Low and behold I got the Citi AA card two days later and it worked AND the miles posted that same statement to my AAdvantage account.

After 51 days I finally got my conversion letter in the mail and thats when the AF will hit (still hasnt hit for me yet, but probably by this statement closing) . So you can get the card now and earn miles, but the official conversion with the AF will be after 51 days. Make sure you see the Citi card account on citi.com first before you call to ask for a card.

Edit: If you want details, here's my thread when I PC'd the card: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/PC-Citi-ThankYou-to-AAdvantage-World-MC-possible/td-p/2...

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.