Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi PC questions

tag
h4ldol
Contributor

Citi PC questions

I  tried searching about how Citi does PC but haven't found too much, but this seemed interesting:

"Citi will report a new tradeline but report it as opened on the original date of the tradeline it's replacing. It takes 45 days."

So if I PC from a Diamond Select (I think that's what it's called) to a Dividends card it will definitely become a new tradeline on my CR?  I guess it's better that it will get the same start date as the tradeline it would be replacing, but since my account is only a year old that might not be a good idea to PC it since my AAoA will take a little bit of a hit.

Also, does anyone know how long (per the Credit Card Act) you have to wait for Citi (or any company) to do a PC (not Visa>MC type PCs)?  I think Citi told me 11 months or something but I can't recall for sure. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
icetrap06
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi PC questions

I called and inquired about upgrading my Hilton Visa Gold to Reserve and was advised I had to wait at least 3 months.

NFCU cashRewards (22k) | Discover IT (8k) | AMEX EveryDay (5k) | AMEX Delta Gold (5k) | CSP (5k) | Marriott Rewards Premier (5k) | Citi Hilton Reserve(5k) | AMEX SPG (2k)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scores: EQ - 670 | TU- 742 | EX - 691
Message 2 of 5
h4ldol
Contributor

Thanks.

Anyone else with any info s/he can share?  Basically, does Citi open a new tradeline if you PC a card (for example, from a Diamond Preferred to a Dividends card)?  And, how long do you have to wait to PC a card (based on the Credit Card Act)?

Thanks!

Message 3 of 5
Epcot
Valued Contributor

I recently PC my 5 year old Citi AAdvantage Amex to the HHonors Reserve Visa. I got the new card within 10 days of requesting the change.

While also a new account number, the tradeline was just switched to the new number and original opening date with positive history. No new TL, hit on AAoA or inquiry in my case.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 5
h4ldol
Contributor

Awesome, thanks for the info.  Good to know that a Citibank card PC without a new TL is possible, hopefully it can happen to me also because the Diamond Preferred card is just lame. Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.